1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SV 650 service HELP

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Atom Tan, Feb 27, 2004.

1. Atom Tan

Atom Tan A.C.'s little secret

I may need a source for engine repair...
    2000 SV 650.

Don't want the bells & whistles, just rebuild as stock and fix the "problem".
    I would like to get a cost estimate for worst case rebuild (ball park- nothing you would be held to).

I have removed the engine (btw)

any direction for me?

2. kneespeed

kneespeed Well-Known Member

I don't know where you are located but... I have heard good things from two people about a guy named Kendall in Charlotte, NC. Someone on this BBS will have his contact info.

3. HFD1Motorsports

HFD1Motorsports BIKE TUNA

where are you located? I know one guy and myself of course:) all the engines I do are dynoed before the leave my shop so I need the bike. I break them in and all you need to do is ride it that way there are no issues. Carbs are done at the same time too. I can get cylinders repaired to better than new condition too.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2004
  4. racerboy66

racerboy66 Hugs for ery body

Repairs

Where are you? What kind of problems are you having?
    I'm the lead tech at Excel Motorsports Honda Suzuki Yamaha Kawasaki in Concord NC (Just N of Charlotte) I am also the machinist so all work will be done in house. Some bells and whistles may be cheaper than the stock stuff. Give me some info and i'll try and give ya some kind of idea on price.
    Cheers:beer:
    Rob

5. Atom Tan

Well- I have torn the engine down already-
    seems to be a bad crank.

May just need to find a replacement engine....

Any suggestion on locating a new engine?

6. Hordboy

Hordboy B Squad Leader

I will have a complete engine for sale in a few weeks. Completely rebuilt and gone thru, ready for many more miles. Email me [email protected]

7. racerboy66

racerboy66 Hugs for ery body

Motors

I have one 3K mile street motor and a one season race motor both stock. Email me at [email protected]
    Rob

8. Atom Tan

Hordboy & Racerboy

You both have mail :D

9. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

What are you doing with the engine you pulled?

10. Atom Tan

Not sure yet....

11. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Let me know, I might be interested in buying it.