1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suzuki Parts Support at WERA Nationals

Discussion in 'General' started by Morgan, Jun 5, 2002.

1. Morgan

Morgan The AMA Guy

Team Vesrah Suzuki will begin selling Genuine Suzuki Parts at the remaining rounds of the WERA National Challenge Series beginning this weekend at Roebling Road Raceway. The parts will be available only to licensed riders participating in the event.

Look for an official press release tomorrow, but I thought I would give you guys a heads up.

Morgan

2. SClark

SClark Righteous Indignator!

Cool.

3. WERA29

WERA29 On a mental field trip...

Kick ass! Thanks Morgan, Suzuki and Vesrah! :cool:

I knew there was a reason I switched to a brand that pays and supports its racers at the track. ;)

4. GSXR123

GSXR123 expert

this is 1 of many reasons that SUZUKI RULES!!!:cool:

5. hazbin

hazbin forgotten crewman

team owner rider parts guy,too much work,we need some training wheels from suzuki,how much?

6. melissa

melissa Sir

So, let's see, that'll be valve keepers, intake valves, shift drum bolts, miscellaneous other transmission parts, and front wheels...does that about cover it for the average Suzuki racer's needs?

Yes I'm bitter.

7. Ex CCS Racer

Ex CCS Racer Banned

Let's see, Suzuki pays cash but break alot. Honda pays nothing but are bulletproof.....Hmmmmmm......:D

8. Ex CCS Racer

Ex CCS Racer Banned

But Suzuki does have the best trackside support bar none.

9. mad brad

mad brad Guest

you forgot one thing. you can win on a suzuki.

10. melissa

melissa Sir

Woops! I almost forgot frames!

11. werase643

werase643 Well-Known Member

Melissa,
    is this because the cast rear parts are too brittle or the front part of the frame being too ductile........

cool i can use big technical words
    I LEARNED GOOD IN COLLEGE.......

12. melissa

melissa Sir

Hmm, I don't know.

All I know is, I forgot to mention subframes!

13. aod99

aod99 Administrator

Melissa, you also forgot:

valve spring retainers (fail during normal operation)
    cam chain tensioners (fail during normal operation)
    throttle position sensors (fail during normal operation)
    Shift drums with the bolt hole drilled straight instead of at an angle (ever 600 I've ever seen has been at an angle)
    con rod bearing made in the correct sizes instead of being too tight or too loose for their color code (guess!)

Morgan, it would actually be much more helpful if Suzuki would go back to making bikes that didn't break (see 1998 GSXR 600) than to sell us parts at the track after we have already lost the race.

Is there any official explanation of why Suzuki's build quality has gone straight down the toilet? They went from being the best built bikes to the worst in about three years. What's up with that?

14. actiontek

actiontek Well-Known Member

I race both Suzuki and Honda and have to buy many more parts for the Suzuki. Is it that Suzuki, like GM did some many years ago, making a very large sum off of their replacement parts; I really want to know. I do know that Suzuki would not talk to us about replacing the 2K transmission problems but yet modified the 2001s.

15. mad brad

mad brad Guest

yamaha R6, three seasons and the motor looks brand new inside. hmmmmmmmmmmmm. who needs contingency!!!!