1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suzuki MotoGP Prototype Spotted at Indy

Discussion in 'General' started by JoeR, Aug 10, 2015.

1. JoeR

JoeR Well-Known Member

Went to Indy this past weekend for the GP race, and spotted the Suzuki team trying to sneak a new prototype into the Marriot downtown.

:D

[​IMG]

Sorry for the tease, had to do it after all the new GSXR talk on here. It's kind of a funny story though. I was trying to get checked into my hotel Saturday afternoon after attending the qualifying/superbike race and accidentally pulled into the wrong Marriot (mine was a block away) and didn't realize it until after gave my car to valet. While I was sitting there waiting for them to bring my car back around, tired from a long day and annoyed at myself, a van pulls up and a couple guys start unloading stuff out of the back. I noticed the Aleix 41 shirt, and then right next to him was the elder Asparagus brother himself! I think I was the only one in the whole lobby that recognized who it was. I was a little star struck to be honest. I think I said "good luck" and then snapped a few quick pics and even took a short video of him like a lame tourist before he went into the hotel (vid not worth posting).

Soon as I put my camera away, I look up and Maverick Vinales is now standing right in front of me. Again, I was a little star struck. I couldn't think of much to say to him, unlikely he would have understood anyway, so I think I gave him a stupid looking thumbs up and said "good luck" again. He smiled, nodded and kept walking. I grabbed my phone and got a picture of his back as he walked in the door.

[​IMG]

Not a huge deal I know, but it made my day. I had a huge grin the rest of the afternoon, like I was a kid again. It was a great GP weekend all around.

2. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Very cool! :up:

3. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Well you just gave Steeltoe somethin to jerk off to so that's a plus.

4. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Looks lightweight!

5. Phl218

Phl218 .

Electrical bike?

6. Tas

Tas Well-Known Member

7. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

They put their riders up at the Courtyard?

Man, Suzuki used to be good at things...

8. Lazy Destroyer

Lazy Destroyer Well-Known Member

LOL I know the feeling, last year at Indy I'm eating my breakfast Sunday morning at the hotel and Yonny Hernandez sits down at the table next to me.

What's funny was about everyone in there eating breakfast had MotoGP related shirts and didn't recognize him! I usually have no problems embarrassing myself in front of a GP rider but decided to let him eat his food in peace. Oddly I've always joked about wondering what those guys eat before a race day, now I know haha.

9. Repo Man

Repo Man 50 years of Yamaha GP!!

Motel 6 was full.

10. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

Few years ago at the RA AMA round Kevin Schwantz was eating dinner at the table next to us at the Osthoff. I didn't wanna bother the man while he was eating and I don't know what I would have said anyway, so I pretty much just stared at him like a fucking weirdo for an hour and kept whispering "that's Kevin fucking Schwantz" to my ex over and over. :rolleyes:

11. G 97

G 97 Garth

I had a chance to buy a perfect condition all original Hemi Cuda once for $3500 but I didn't.

Oops, wrong thread. :D

12. BigBird

BigBird blah

:stupid:

I know that feeling. Stars in any field are just people at the end of the day, and they should be allowed to just be, especially in an eating establishment. I am not one to go get autographs, a pic with them, etc. Just knowing that hey I saw that person at XYZ is enough for me.

Well unless VR46 was around then all bets are off :D