1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suzuki Money/Classes/Dates

Discussion in 'General' started by WERA, Mar 20, 2001.

1. WERA

WERA Administrator

Okay, here's the short version, the full one will be on the site in a few.

Classes: 600, 750, 1000 Superstock, HW Twins LW Twins. This goes for the Sportsman and National Events (paying all Nationals and selected Sportsman). Paying all classes in Endurance except LW Superbike (sorry guys, maybe next year).

Same payouts as last year depth of field wise but lower money amounts further down in the field (wins stayed the same). No word yet on year requirements but I'm guessing same setup as last year plus one. No more money on the TL in the A or Open Superstock, only in HW Twins.

Roebling Road this weekend IS a Suzuki money weekend so call all your friends that ride a Suzi.

2. backdraftmoto

backdraftmoto I make Nissan trucks...

I've never run Suzuki cup or applied for the cash, so these may be silly questions:

1. If a Novice owns an endurance team, can that team win Suzuki money?

2. What years will be included for the endurance classes? 2001, 2000, 1999? I thought last year was '98, '99, '00.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

1 - Yes.

2 - I don't know yet - that info will be in the Suzuki Cup Brochure. If you need to know before TWS then call Matt Ellis at Suzuki. If you already have the bike then don't worry about it too much...

4. backdraftmoto

backdraftmoto I make Nissan trucks...

5. WERA476

WERA476 Well-Known Member

Well the Suzuki site doesn't have squat up at this point either.

So if this weekend is a Suzuki Cup weekend how do we go about registering and such for this weekend? Since there isn't a 2001 form yet etc?

I emailed Suzuki but I'm sure I won't get anything to help me within the next 3 days, but hey maybe we'll get lucky.

Chris

6. brownrt

brownrt Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure you must have either a 2000 or 2001 model to qualify for the money.

7. ruckusracing

ruckusracing Well-Known Member

I was wondering about a form also and what type of stickers and where do they have to be? any info would be nice.

8. WERA476

WERA476 Well-Known Member

Here is the reply I got back from Suzuki today.

quote:

"I apologize for not having our 2001 brochure out yet but this year we are
    trying to incorporate the horsepower and weight requirements for the cup
    final into the new brochure. Racers that compete in the race at Roebling Rd
    will be issued contingency from Suzuki. It will be about two to three weeks
    before the forms are released but if you race in a race prior to that time
    once you get the forms and send them to me just include a note that you
    raced in a money race and finished high enough to earn contingency and you
    will be paid.

Matthew W. Ellis
    Race Programs Coordinator
    American Suzuki Motor Corporation
    [email protected]"

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Just race and then send in the forms when they are available - per Suzuki HQ.

10. GREG#22

GREG#22 Well-Known Member

so do novices get any suzuki money in superstock classes? [​IMG]

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Nope, no OEM money for Novices ever, sorry!

12. rfknight

rfknight P-Star

Oh well. At least the pressure's off. I JUST COULDN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!!!!!!! [​IMG]

13. Powers

Powers BOHICA!

This is probably a stupid observation/question, but why is it that the manufacturers only pay out for the current model year? This is not a slam on them mind you! I am just curious. Seems they'd be thrilled that some one could win and say "see, look, I beat the competition on a two year old bike from brand X!"

I know. Its all about new vehicle sales...

14. WERA

WERA Administrator

Your last line answers it all....

Manufacturers look at contigency being a twofold deal - for the msot part it is advertising however over the years they have come to realize that a chunk (albeit small) of their market of new bikes goes to racers every year. This way they increase that chunk. Also it looks bad when an older model beats there latest and greatest model with all of the new and improved goodies on it - I think that attitude is really caused more by the glossies than anything but it's still there.

15. julrich

julrich Well-Known Member

And the guys who run the contingency programs have to be able to justify their existance to the bean counters. So they say, "This program will increase sales." If they let you win on an old bike, it's had to make that argument.

On the flip side, if they can't justify the program, it goes away, as did Honda's contingency program not too many years ago.

16. SClark

SClark Righteous Indignator!

Sean,

Do you know if the 4/21-22 Summit is a Suzuki Weekend?

Can you list any of them that you have?

TIA

17. SClark

What is the last year of bike eligibility? 1999 or 2000?

18. SClark

I hate when I talk to myself, but for anyone else interested, Matt Ellis said:

"1999-01' models will be paid this year."