1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

suzuki. master cylinder recall

Discussion in 'General' started by ToddClark, Oct 16, 2013.

1. Handicapped Racer

Handicapped Racer Well-Known Member

Mark Junge had someone protest at an endurance round! then it was not allowed.

2. caferace

caferace No.

I can see you're running out. Would you like to borrow some of my exclamation points?

-jim

3. Handicapped Racer

Are you speaking to me?

4. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

Survey says?

[​IMG]

5. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

6. Handicapped Racer

I remember seeing alot of people who said the Srf fluid was the fix. I finally gave in and tried it. No luck on the Gsxrs I dealt with.

I have seen a bunch over the last year, but the real question is, what about the master cylinders on some of the Kawi models. I've seen them exhibit the exact same symptoms.

7. Handicapped Racer

Naw won't even waste my time on him!

8. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I fought with mine for two seasons (started several threads about it) before finally breaking down and going with a Brembo. It still wasn't perfect until I got my hands on some R6 calipers. It's not legal but at least it stops every time I pull the lever now.

9. Handicapped Racer

On Second thought.....Sorry had to.

[​IMG]
    Fixed that for ya

Last edited: Oct 18, 2013
  10. caferace

caferace No.

Yes. For a spell there, I was concerned for your supply. :D

-jim

11. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

You were lucky if it held that long I watched Charlie fight with them at the track on an AMA weekend between every session. I think the moisture excuse is to cover a bunch of poorly designed or poorly machined master cylinders.

12. Handicapped Racer

Sorry, I'm yelling in my head.

13. Handicapped Racer

Wow that is insane.

Ding Ding Ding. I think so too, but why not admit the issue. It's not like people didn't know there was an issue.

I've got a box of like 22 M/C, i wonder if I can get them replaced.... since there is a recall ya know.

14. Venom51

I think if they did it's possible that some ambulance chaser would be stepping up with a law suit.

15. Handicapped Racer

ewwwwwww not good, not good at all. Although I don't know anyone who's claimed to have to have crashed due to a faulty M/c.

16. Venom51

With a large volume of street riders who knows if it's happened or not.

17. Handicapped Racer

Tis true, but if that is true i'm sure they will be popping up soon, but lets hope not.

18. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

What is stopping them now, they admitted on design flow (return port location) and poor material choice (not coated).
    btw. I looked in to one I have here, there are scoring marks inside from piston rubbing against bore.

19. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

20. Venom51

Maybe nothing...