1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suzuki Contingency Model year?

Discussion in 'General' started by Fredy, May 25, 2005.

1. Fredy

Fredy I need to loose weight!!

I'm looking to purchase an 05 GSXR. According to Suzuki as of now contingency is for 04-05 so is it safe to assume that next year 2006 is 05-06 and in 2007 is 06-07??

So if you buy a bike as soon as its released in March/April its only really good for 1.5 years of contingency?? Assuming you are able to get parts for a "new" model.:confused:

2. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

well since most contingency races don't start until March, except Daytona, it'd still be two years. last year the 05 SV came out before the GNF, and some raced it there. so they could come out early enough for you to get it prepped and not miss any cont. races.

3. Fredy

So long as there are parts availble for a new model. For instace are'nt some racers still having trouble getting parts for the new 1000? Was'nt body work an issue early on?

Thanks.

4. Fredy

Any one have some more feedback?

Thanks.

5. Zebo51

Zebo51 Slide'n It

Anyone know anything on this yet? I am actually wondering about the SVs though. It says 03-05 right now, so if I get an 06 it should be good for 3yrs I am taking it as long as the program does not change?

Thanks

PS Breeden wont win the NC LWTSS in 2006 if I can help it , even if I come back on the old '99. :D

6. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Man! Morgan told us at the GNF, 2 years, that's it. 2005/2006
    Including SVs

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:stupid:

Suzuki opened the classes up and added classes but had to restrict the years. So from here on out it'll be the current year plus last years model. Yamaha and Kawasaki are the same way.

8. skip salenius

skip salenius Well-Known Member

that's exactly what i thought. 05-06 only. even though the 04 600-750 is the same as the 05. morgan said at the gnf suzuki was only paying for the present year and one year back. 05-06.

9. Strick

Strick Good to be king

I can see the thinking with the 600 and up but with the SV it makes no sense to me. They don't pay enough (I do think it is great that they do pay) tocover the cost ofanew bike and on top of that they are going into the 4th year of the same design.

10. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Sales of new bikes Brian.

11. Strick

Strick Good to be king

Which is why I said it makes sense on the big bikes but not SV's.;)

12. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

It's possible to make $20k racing a SV.

13. Strick

Strick Good to be king

Not if you only race sprints.

14. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

Before or after expenses?

15. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

I said possible, after expenses.

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

If it's not possible then don't ride an SV, but to quote an argument from another thread, don't expect Suzuki to change the rules for the bike you've chosen to ride :D

17. Strick

Strick Good to be king

I agree Sparky, the only thing that I said it doesn't make sense. I never said that suzuki sucked or they were screwing anybody because of what they pay.

And BTW I knew what they would pay and because it didn't make sense I bought something else........so :p

18. jeffrop

jeffrop Well-Known Member

Well, considering he'll be on a GSXR1k...you can probably protest him ;)

Then again, Im not 100% sure what he's doing with his SV.

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

From your POV maybe, from theirs they have the SV riders buying a new bike every two years. And making money isn't the issue, if riders wnated money they'd ride something other than the SV.

20. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

If that's the case, how come former 600 riders have entered the LW field.
    A rider making no $$ in MW or HW can come run in LW and clean house.