1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suzuki Boulevard leaky final drive

Discussion in 'Tech' started by adrenalist, Aug 11, 2017.

1. adrenalist

adrenalist Well-Known Member

A friend of mine called me up last night. It seems his son's grandad gave him his old motorcycle. My friend wanted me to take a look over the bike before he lets his son ride it anymore. It definitely needs an oil change, the left blinker blinks fast for some reason (even though both front and rear indicators work), and the final drive is leaking.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I don't know anything on repairing shaft drive stuff. What does replacing the seal entail?

2. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

Can't be that hard, if it's anything like my VTX. Take the wheel off drill a small screw into the seal (don't knick the sealing surfaces) and use a side cutters to pry the old seal out, use appropriate pipe or socket or whatever to drive the new one in straight.

Looking at pics online it looks like the seal is easily removable externally like my VTX.

adrenalist likes this.
  3. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Check that it's not way overfull of gear oil before you rip it apart. I see stupid stuff like that alot.

adrenalist likes this.