1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suzuka 8H 2022

Discussion in 'General' started by Steeltoe, Aug 6, 2022.

1. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Prayers for Gino Rea.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Triple X likes this.
  2. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Bike n crumpet

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

cha0s#242 and motodog650 like this.
  3. motodog650

motodog650 pissed-off bloody wanker

Yes.

4. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Damn, just damn. Get better, racer dude.

5. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Man how does someone hit a wall in the same area as where another rider hit it and lost his life? Prayers for him.

6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Yosh SERT finished much higher than I thought they would after their horrible qualifying.

Steeltoe likes this.
  7. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

That and only two riders.

8. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

They didn’t get a sub?
    Don’t a lot of teams mainly run two riders and the third might get a stint or two IF the team has to?
    I’m way out of date on Suzuka strategies and all that.

9. Yama-saurus

Yama-saurus Well-Known Member

And good ole YART and the continuing saga of getting the bike to start off the line.
    How many years now they have been dealing with that ? UGH !!

rice r0cket likes this.
  10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Yeah, Greg Black was #4 on the depth charts. Guintoli got Covid and Simeon got hurt.

Was anyone else watching when Aoki finished his final stint? The air got all dry and dusty over here.

11. moto316

moto316 Well-Known Member

Dam, HRC wiping the floor with everyone in every department - pace, top speed, fuel efficiency, pit time…and budget lol.​

12. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

Seriously. How do they keep fucking that up?

13. DDK732

DDK732 Well-Known Member

My friends over there tell me the HRC bikes are not exactly "normal" and skirt the edge of legality. When you own the race track I guess you do what ever it takes to win. Their top rider is a 15th place guy in BSB yet broke the Suzuka track record and dominated some of the best WSBK riders. They've been in a dry spell for something like 8 years so it looks like big red threw everything they had at it this year.

14. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Can’t blame em. Not like they are winning much anything else.

Wingnut, Canadian Bacon and DDK732 like this.
  15. RS250Ape

RS250Ape Well-Known Member

They had to do something to slow the embarrassment bleed. When was the last time a Honda sat on the top step of the box of a world stage race other than MM?

16. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Is the CBR winning races anywhere? BSB or the Japanese series (is it still AJRR)?

The Suzuka bikes fielded by the Japanese as one offs have always been pretty “trick” with the Honders always “close to the edge.”

17. 418

418 Expert #59

Guintoli broke his hand.

Then got bandaged up and hauled ass to UK for the MotoGP BT Sports commentary gig same weekend.

Which was pretty cool if you ask me.

18. Yama-saurus

Yama-saurus Well-Known Member

In BSB, Glenn Irwin has won several in 2021 & 2022 and been on podium a few times both years also.
    He won all 3 races as Silverstone back in April this year.
    And that's with Honda UK direct support.
    Other than that and the Road's, ye olde Fireblade has been relatively quiet, IIRC.

19. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

Troy HERFOSS seems to be the only one in the Australian series to be competitive on a CBR. He's gotten a couple podiums this year. But, no wins, as far as I can tell.

20. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Cool. They said that one had Covid and no one was injured. I thought it was the other way around.

I wasn't really shocked that they threw the kitchen sink at the 8 Hours. Things are not exactly going well in MotoGP and WSBK. That bike can probably ride itself to pole position with electronics more sophisticated than Moto GP. :D

six6two and DDK732 like this.