1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suspension-what did I screw up?

Discussion in 'Tech' started by SVbadguy, Apr 2, 2021.

1. SVbadguy

SVbadguy I survived the Mt Course

I'm selling my '07 CBR600RR to my sister, so I'm sorting out the forks so they're softer. They were especially more stiff after the last time I replace the seals.

After swapping springs the compression seemed to get worse and stiction was really bad. Front end felt like an out-of-balance wheel due to lack of compression (set to max soft), not doing crap to absorb even tiny bumps.

Fix the stiction with some grease, but the left leg would clunk once it compressed about half way and would compress further. Took apart and checked everything. Re-assembled and now it stops solid after only 1.5-2" of travel. ??

2. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

That's not much info for helping with 2-4 issues. Got any pics or videos of the internals?

Here are some things Id check to narrow this down.
    - Does the fork move nicely off the bike?
    - Does the tube move nicely with the cap unscrewed?
    - Does the cartridge move nicely without the spring?

Since things seem to be getting worse each time you assemble it, you may want to take it to a pro.

jksoft likes this.
  3. SVbadguy

SVbadguy I survived the Mt Course

I think I've got it fixed now and have full stroke. I think a washer between the spring and spacer got out of center and was catching on the inner tube.