1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Superstock Undertails?

Discussion in 'General' started by ranman, Feb 2, 2004.

1. ranman

ranman Well-Known Member

Ok I already RTFRB ... but since it is not spelled out directly ... better ask.

On a bike that comes from the factory with a enclosed undertail - is it legal to replace it w/ a aftermarket race undertail that is the same shape as the original? Or?

Just wanting to make sure ... Even though TFRB says "Exact replica replacement bodywork (this includes the tailsection) may be used on machines equipped with bodywork from the factory."

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

An exact replica? How so?

Honeslty I'd have to see it to be sure since the undertails I've seen haven't looked at all like stock but clean everything up big time, which would not be legal.

3. ranman

ranman Well-Known Member

Ok .. ok .. :D

I will have to double check how exact it is :D
    I am sure it is close enough ;)

Or maybe you already have an opinion ...
    Its a 636 Sharkskinz undertail.
    Or would/could the Stock one need to be used?

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'd have to see David's against the stocker to see what if any differences exist. Got one by any chance?

5. ranman

ranman Well-Known Member

Not yet ...

6. bmfgsxr

bmfgsxr Well-Known Member

if a bike comes stock with an undertail there is absolutely no reason why you cant run one and be superstock legal.. it would be completely insane if you couldnt. unless of course it wasnt "stock looking"