1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Superstock Tech Questions

Discussion in 'Tech' started by RoidRageFool, Jan 7, 2022.

1. RoidRageFool

RoidRageFool @FundedByWifeRacing

I have looked through previous forums and have found some information on this, but would still like some clarification for the Superstock Class.

i) Suspension: Rear shocks may be changed or modified but must remain the same type as original. Fork springs may be replaced with aftermarket springs, and fork oil may be changed. Stock internal parts of forks may be changed to alter damping characteristics. To allow external adjustment of fork springs, fork caps may be changed.

• Can a Fork Cartridge Kit be dropped in?
    • Can Fork Caps be extended fork caps?
    • Can Rear Suspension have a remote adjuster?
    h) Exact replica replacement bodywork (this includes the tailsection) may be used on machines equipped with bodywork from the factory.

• The 2013 - 2021 ZX-6R has plastic cowlings that run along the bottom of the tank on the right and left side. Does this have to remain on?
    • Are Zip-Ties Allowed in areas where I cannot mount with bolt of fastener

Thank you

2. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

yes of course.

like trim pieces? Kind of like gsxrs and R6 tank trim pieces? I wouldnt worry about them.

3. Trainwreck

Trainwreck I could give a heck

I had a Penske triple rear shock, GP Fork cartridges, with forks modified for Fast Franks Front Quick Change (Fender mounts were cut off and FF kit was put in during fork refresh). This was on my 09-12 ZX6R I also had another set of forks with RaceTech Valving, and Traxxion Extended caps. I never had any issues running my bike in the SuperStock Classes with WERA.

I also chose not to replace my gas tank/frame trim after a crash and never had issues with that either. I ran WERA SuperStock and CCS SuperSport (similar rules, but CCS allows aftermarket brake master)

You should absolutely be fine.

4. RoidRageFool

RoidRageFool @FundedByWifeRacing

I appreciate the responses. Glad to hear I will be in regulation.