1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Superstock Tailsection Question

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Cliff0529, Apr 20, 2003.

1. Cliff0529

Cliff0529 Well-Known Member

I plan on racing my 99 Ducati Supersport 750. No one I've found makes a solo race seat for this bike so I was wondering if I modified (basically cut off the parts that go under the tank) and mounted my extra F3 Superbike tail would it be superstock legal? TIA

Cliff:)

2. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

I think it's legal. I won't protest you anyway! ;)

3. khanumaiah

khanumaiah Well-Known Member

Technically, I don't think so. Who's gonna protest though.

h) Exact replica replacement bodywork (this includes the tailsection) may be used on machines equipped with bodywork from the factory. If the stock bodywork includes air-ducting tubes they may be removed. If they are utilized they must be stock or exact replica parts. Solo seat cowlings may be added when not supplied by OEM. If an aftermarket tailsection is used that incorporates a solo seat cowling when one is not offered by the manufacturer, the tailsection must conform to the shape and size of the stock bodywork that is provided by the manufacturer. The solo seat cowling portion of said bodywork must start at the position of the stock bodywork on the rear and rise to no more than 1.5 inches above the seat when measured from the top of the bodywork to the top of the seat. The shape of the bodywork must conform to the shape of the seat (no huge rises in the middle etc.). A “Superbike Seat” is allowed (i.e. the seat is molded into the tailsection).

4. LMcCurdy

LMcCurdy Antique

I think Sean is allowing any kind of bodywork. I know he's letting us FZR guys use R1 and TZ bodywork. So you should be ok as long as it makes thought tech.

5. MGarrett50

MGarrett50 Ready. Set. Go.

i have a solo seat and tail section from my old 94 900 SS, i can bring it to TGPR this weekend, if you're interested.

6. Cliff0529

Cliff0529 Well-Known Member

Highway how much do you want for the seat and tail? I might be interested. :) But since your a tech inspector will the CBR tail be fine this weekend? :D

Last edited: Apr 22, 2003
  7. Eddie845

Eddie845 E-LO FRM THE BLOCK

Sean said last night that as long as you don't win you'll be fine:D

8. MGarrett50

Cliff, i'll let it go for about $50. And i'll try to get back with some info on the F3 tail. Which races are you planning to run ??

9. MGarrett50

Okay, here's my interpretation . . . The F3 seat will be fine for Twins, D Superbike and D Superstock (no bodywork limitations in D SS). It's questionable for Clubman, since the 750 is allowed there with Superstock mods only. Mongo is the final authority on stuff like that, but he may let it slide one weekend, especially if no one is making bodywork for that bike. If it's mounted safely and securely, it will probably make it thru tech. We usually leave the protests to your fellow competitors.

I'm sure someone here will let me know if i'm mistaken. :D

See ya out there.

10. timmy

timmy 00 GSXR-750

what about superbike tails in supersport? is WERA same as AMA, need a new tail so figured i'd ask? thought it was stock seat, but . . . . . ?????