1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SuperStock Rules

Discussion in 'Information For New Racers' started by WhiteKnight01, Jan 7, 2011.

1. WhiteKnight01

WhiteKnight01 Racer wahnahbee

I have a question about the SuperStock Classification rules. In Chapter 9 of the rulebook, Superstock Rules, #4 it states:
    "The rider or sponsor of any machine is responsible for producing a service or owner’s manual with all part numbers, specifications and other material required to prove its legality."

Am I understanding it correctly that I will need to provide an owners manual (which one did not come with the bike but I have an electronic copy) and/or a complete parts list that shows the part numbers? Does this have to be done at every race? Does this also apply to the Superbike Classification?

2. tawzx12r

tawzx12r Influencer to none

You would only need this IF you were to come under protest.

Even then it would have to be a major tear down of some kind.

3. DaveB

DaveB Just Riding Around

No, you would only have to have one if you were protested and needed to prove the protested part was legal. I seriously doubt 90+% of riders have one with them on a given weekend but if it's a popular bike somebody there will likely have one.

4. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

Does wera actually have protests or even post race teardowns??? Never seen or heard of. Just wondering? Tdub

5. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

6. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

Really??

7. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

Yeah, there are always good threads in general afterwards. :D

8. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Yep. a couple of years back there were a few good threads and a protest/teardown or 2 in the novice ranks

9. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Keep in mind that one does not need to be protested to be checked for legality... Brake pad caliper pins, cough cough..

10. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

In three years of WERA I have never had to do this.

Not saying you won't ever have to, however.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Service manual only and really it applies more to oddball bikes. I'm not going to DQ you for not having a service manual in your toolbox.

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yes we do.