1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Superstock Is It Legal?

Discussion in 'Tech' started by novice#374, Aug 3, 2003.

1. novice#374

novice#374 Well-Known Member

IF YOUR BIKE DIDN'T COME STK WITH AN ANTIDRAFT TAIL OR A REAR TIRE HUGGER CAN YOU STILL USE THEM?
    MOST NEW COME WITH THEM ANYWAY BUT MOST OF US HAVE OLDER BIKES... WOULD IT REALLY BE THAT MUCH OF A PERFORMANCE ADVANTAGE

2. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

What is an anti draft tail? As for a hugger - no. Bodywork rules are pretty simple - other than the mods need to make a belly pan it has to be the exact same size/shape as stock.

4. mtk

mtk All-Pro Bike Crasher

OK everybody sing along...

"RTFRB!"

:D

5. Eric_77

Eric_77 Well-Known Member

anti draft tail I have always heard as the enclosed underside of the tail section. sort of like the underside of the battery tray but made out of fiberglass.

6. Barry

Barry EAT ME simple enough

hugger

what kinda performance advantage does a rear tire hugger give:confused: :confused:

7. novice#374

sorry i don't know what that means:p

8. novice#374

thanks mongo knew i could count on a straight forward answer from you.

9. novice#374

never miond read the f rulr book

only reason i asked was past season saw several bikes with them in superstk.and noone was protested
    So WA WA on me, i'm not wining just curious.
    thanks for those who took me serious, i thought no bs on this area

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

In theory a hugger could possibly aid the deflection of air around the rear wheel. An anti draft tail could smooth the airflow around the tailsection - either way if it ain't stock on the bike it ain't legal.

11. LMcCurdy

LMcCurdy Antique

In the D/Superstock most of the TZ250 tail sections you see on FZR400s are anti-draft.

12. Strick

Strick Good to be king

In the D classes anything is legal.

13. zrx479

zrx479 Well-Known Member

To ask a dumb question, if the bodywork has to be exactly like stock wouldn't that disqualify a bike that had gone from having two seats to a solo tail?:confused:

And no IHRTFR!!!:p

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Well, if you had RTFRB then you'd already have the answer to your question. There are very specific rules about the addition of a solo seat when one is not offered by the OEM. Basically this only affects the Hondas with regard to modern sportbikes, all the others come with one or have one offered byt the OEM as an aftermarket accessory.

15. zrx479

zrx479 Well-Known Member

Of course not, it's much more fun to pester you!:Poke: