1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Supersport Racing in Germany

Discussion in 'General' started by Cliffe5, Feb 22, 2009.

1. Cliffe5

Cliffe5 Member

Hey Guys,

I am thinking of moving over to Germany but only if I can continue racing. I know of the FIM and the IDM racing leagues... but does anyone have experience or recommendations on how to get started racing over there? Any input is appreciated. I know that obviously I will need some sort of racing license once there, so I must find a school and after I find the school it shouldn't be too hard to find out what the popular leagues are in the area ie: WERA, CCS... But what do y'all think. Thanks

2. pmoravek

pmoravek Well-Known Member

Sorry I don't have any answers for your questions...but I am curious, why would you move there. (not that I have anything against Germany...just curious)
    Job?
    Family?
    Economy?
    Feel free to tell me to mind my own damned business if you feel like it.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Beer - duh.

4. caferace

caferace No.

:stupid:

[​IMG]

-jim

5. akillya

akillya TPL Racing Squadra Corse

I was just over in Germany hiring people and I can confirm the beer really is that good. I drank about 20 different kinds in 4 cities and they all rocked. Best of all I didnt really get a hangover until I switched back to the Crown and Cokes on the last night.

I suspect racing there is expensive based on the cost of bikes and riding gear etc. I stopped into a few bike shops and the pricing was vicious!

6. Cliffe5

Cliffe5 Member

No I dont mind anyone asking. Actually I am here right now for my second exchange program. I came in 2002 for a highschool exchange and this is my last year in college and I am here again. My family is originally here and my last relatives moved to the USA in December so now none of us live in Germany anymore. I like it here for the most part and it would be nice to keep out family name in Germany. And yea, the beer's great :)

7. roadracer127

roadracer127 Cruise Missile

Note to self- Take long vacation to Germany and drink beer with the blonde chick.:beer::up:

8. Larry Denning

Larry Denning Well-Known Member

Racing in Germany

Talk to Matthias Schaub.
    He is from the Beer drinking capital of the world.

E-mail Address:
    [email protected]

9. Aaron71

Aaron71 BEEMER

I was stationed in Germany for 10 years (actually 3, but ended up extending for 7 extra).

All I can say is the IDM series is GREAT...Very Fast racers!

Getting started is pretty simple...all you need is a release letter from
    the AMA stating that you are not racing in their series (Regardless
    of you having an AMA Pro license or not). Sue Mason (AMA) usaully
    handled that for all the Americans racing in Germany, but I beleive
    it is handle by someone else now.
    You will need to contact the DMSB (Deutscher motorsport Bund e.V.).
    They issue all the License for racing in Germany!

Here is a couple of good links.

http://www.dmsb.de/motorrad_strassenrennsport.html?mid=168
    http://www.idm.de/

Here is a nice sample vid of an IDM race weekend;
    http://www.evisor.tv/tv/racing/idm-nuerburgring-2008-genial-g-7739.htm

Cheers,
    Aaron

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I've never understood the release letter thing.

11. RRmike

RRmike Well-Known Member

IDM is a very competative series. They race all around Germnay and I believe one of the rounds will take them to Assen this year. There is a rumor that since Moto GP will no longer be televised on Eurosport, IDM might take its place.

MGM Yamaha with Jorg Teuchert ( world champ) and fastest woman on a bike Nina Prinz will be powered by none other than American made VP racing fuels.

12. Aaron71

Aaron71 BEEMER

13. Aaron71

Aaron71 BEEMER

Nina Prinz is not a Women!

She is a Bionic Women! :eek:

No one in Europe can beleive how fast she is...You must see
    her in Person! :bow:

She is No Joke!

14. SpeedWerks Racing

SpeedWerks Racing Well-Known Member

Cliff, Hit up Maurice Evans [email protected] , he is a friend of mine who has been living there and racing for a few years now. very cool dude. and he's American...........steve

15. gpstar748

gpstar748 Well-Known Member

you need to contact either Jane Caston or Tamra Jones for a release letter...............at least thats who ive had to go through this year to race at the Ulster GP

16. Matthias Schaub

Matthias Schaub Spiegler guy

Cliffe5,
    IDM races are like the AMA races here last year. You would have to fight the top national (and international; IDM = International German Motorcycle Championship) riders and teams. There are several starter classes with the DMSB; look at http://www.dmsb.de/motorrad_strassenrennsport.html?mid=168
    The DMSB is the organisation which will issue your license. Of course there are also serveral club racing organisations / track day provider.
    Most important, you get to ride all those great tracks...damn. Have fun :up:

17. Aaron71

Aaron71 BEEMER

@Speed Werks Racing- Myself and Maurice "Reese" have been racing together in Germany since 2003!

Reese was my Team mate in the IDM German R6-Cup 2006! :up:

I'm #71 and Reese #18

Attached Files: