1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Supercross has crossed the line"

Discussion in 'General' started by KovzR6, Jan 24, 2011.

1. KovzR6

KovzR6 Well-Known Member

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

But it is getting him all the attention he wanted.

3. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

The racing was good.

4. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

I just read that on TT. Unfortunately Mongo's right, but the guys still a douche. The comments below the article don't help anything from a public perspective.

5. atomic410

atomic410 Well-Known Member

that was a sweet race, this guy sucks

6. BoyRacer549

BoyRacer549 I was a Spider Monkey!

I thought it was part of journalism to get the facts.

Pretty much it reads to me this guy is ranting about there not being enough baseball, and that the stadium got a supercross event to make some money.

I like how he references Harley's the whole time..TOOL!

7. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Another Dipshit Baseball Fan thats all....

8. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

It's not journalism, it's an opinion piece, which means it's HIS opinion. He's even listed as a columnist, not reporter. I'm not much of a baseball fan but I do know that maintaining a baseball field is a lot different than a football field, it is considered an art to some. And to many baseball fans it isn't just grass and dirt, especially the pitcher's mound......

9. d-wire

d-wire Well-Known Member

Whats hilarious is that baseball players spend 50% of the game sitting on a bench and the other 40% waiting for a ball to come towards them. Then you have the pitcher, who is doing some amazing feat of athleticism to pitch on "only 2 days rest".

Just ignorance. Take the most fit baseball player and compare them against Dungey or Stewart. Do some tests and see who is really an athlete.

Baseball is no longer "America's pastime"....the NFL took over a while ago

Last edited: Jan 24, 2011
  10. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

Wonder how the attendance was? Better than a ball game?

11. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

My point exactly... I havent been to a Game since 94... Screw em all.. Also the NFL isnt too far behind...

12. T.Read

T.Read Well-Known Member

That shouldn't be too difficult, seems like I see quite a few fat ass baseball players. Baseball and football bore me to tears. The fanaticism associated with the people that make it their life freaks me out. But I'm no better with being obsessed with motorcycle racing.:up:

13. Zippy1

Zippy1 Banned

As a life-long baseball fan, Dodger fan (and former long time season ticket holder) I can tell you this is nothing but a pencil-pushing baseball geek bitching about nothing.

There are millions of baseball purists out there who get their panties in a bunch whenever change comes about. I know because I'm one of them, except I don't wear panties. ;)

You'd be hearing much more grumbling from golf fans if, say, they held a Supercross event at Pebble Beach, for instance.

Whatever, only read the first paragraph or two and I got the point. With the season opener more than two months away, what else are the groundskeepers gonna do with their time?

This is a throw-away opinion piece by a dorky baseball guy with nothing better to do.

Oh yeah, and baseball's a great sport!!! Not that any of you "stick-and-ball-sport" hating biker geeks would know. :Poke:

14. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

More of a Game than a sport.... When was the last time you saw a baseball player sweat?

15. Mud Whistle

Mud Whistle Get my icebike ON!

:crackhead:
    Not sure what's more stupid, the article or the comments in this thread. Usually it's golf getting ragged on by your hardcore M-Fers for not being a sport, now baseball isn't a sport... apparently you didn't see the thread about soccer being the most phyically demanding sport ever... this offseason sucks. :down:

16. malik ross

malik ross Waits for his asskicking.

McGuire during that senate inquiry.

17. Zippy1

Zippy1 Banned

:crackup:

That's fucked up right there.

18. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

But so True!:crackup:

19. Repo Man

Repo Man 50 years of Yamaha GP!!

:stupid: :bow: :clap:

My thoughts exactly.

Most B Ball players are waaaay too full of themselves. :Poke:

20. rabbit73

rabbit73 Scheiße

I can't remember who said it, but during an interview one guy said "Ma'am, I'm not an athlete. I'm a baseball player." I think he was on the Phillies.

The article is stupid. It's a stadium, not some holy temple of baseball. Whether it's dirt for supercross or folding chairs for a concert you have to put the space to use.