1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Supercorsa pro's + tire warmers + liter bike = ?

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Jamesm925, Apr 25, 2006.

1. Jamesm925

Jamesm925 Well-Known Member

hey guys,

i picked up a set chicken hawk pole positions and supercorsas (sc 2 rear, sc1 front) for my 05' gsxr1000 @ road atl a few weeks ago.

I left the warmers on between sessions (@ the lowest setting--135 F), and turned it up to the medium setting (150 F) about 15-25 mins before each session.
    still, they look pretty beat up, w/ rubber pealing off the sides. the only difference im seeing b/t this set and my last set which i didn't use tire warmers on, is that the sides look darker & seem to still be physicall stickier than the other pair, which just seems to be the same duller shade of black thoughout.

i've heard warmers will increase the life of your tires by a day or so. so my question is how do I tell if the warmers did give me another day of heat cycling?
    it was very warm @ road atl (90 F) during the day. i left the warmers on at night to attempt to insulate them and prevent any dramatic temp loss. is there anyway to visual inspect the tires and see if they're good for another day, or do you have to just ride them and see if they feel hard & greasy?

2. fazer

fazer Banned

i think you are expecting too dramatic of a difference by using tire warmers. i would say that you get about 10-15% more life out of tires on average that used tire warmers.

i hope you didn't leave the tire warmers turned on all night, just physically on the tires. it wouldn't hurt anything...if they were on low...but would have been a waste. on the last session of the day, when you come in...put the warmers on. you don't even need to turn them on. just put them on to slow the cooling process. once they have reached ambient temperature....it doesn't matter if you leave them on or off at night. temperature variations from 50-90°F don't really matter or count when you're talking heat cycles.

and you won't notice the 'life extended' by less tire wear or by more even tire wear. it just minimizes cold tears...and keeps the tire more grippy later in it's life cycle.