1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suomy shield/visor question

Discussion in 'General' started by dc2004600, Dec 4, 2008.

1. dc2004600

dc2004600 Well-Known Member

2. Racer45

Racer45 old guy just tryin'

I wouldn't think so. I have a dark tint or clear with an amber tear off for overcast and rain

3. rugbymook

rugbymook Under Construction

OM "JeebusX" here. He's the Suomy rep and can answer any ??'s regarding that shield.

4. Spooner

Spooner Well-Known Member

That is the shield that comes with the Spec 1r Extreme. It is a clear shield, but it does block UV rays etc.. Waste of money for roadracing as you are just going to scratch it up anyways! :)

I don't really like using any of the iridium type shields because they do scratch up very easily just from cleaning/bugs/rocks/etc.. Plus they cost twice as much.

5. bluedevil

bluedevil Well-Known Member

Iridium scatch if you breath on them funny. Save a few bucks and get a nice smoke or light smoke with tear off posts.

6. Lizard 1

Lizard 1 Well-Known Member

Great for cloudy and rainy days like mentioned. It has an iridium coating and prone to scratching. Great for the darker days, though!

7. Yama-saurus

Yama-saurus Well-Known Member

how do you get him to ever reply/answer? 2 emails and a bbs pm going on 3 weeks with nothing but crickets ??? :rolleyes:
    and i thought the guys at arai were slow...

8. rugbymook

rugbymook Under Construction

How the hell would I know.............. I've been a Suomy supported rider and he doesn't call me back. :p