1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Summit

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by rus23, May 18, 2013.

1. rus23

rus23 Misfit

Both bikes have been awoken from hibernation.

See you there.

2. jimfowler

jimfowler Well-Known Member

I'm SO there

3. RZ Racer

RZ Racer It passed tech LAST time!

I'm racing that weekend, but at RRR. I'll be up there to play with you guys in sept!

4. compmoto

compmoto Team Geno

:up: c ya

5. rus23

rus23 Misfit

I wish RRR was closer. That is a great track. Have fun.

6. midge461

midge461 Member

Rus. See you there

7. charles

charles The Transporter

You have planes. Fly down.

8. 98VTRRider

98VTRRider Well-Known Member

I'll be there this weekend at Summit with the FZR...then down to Road Atlanta for Cycle Jam the next weekend.

9. compmoto

compmoto Team Geno

had a GR8 time @ Summit Pt. !! Beautiful weather, great racing, good track conditions, even better company to hang with afterwards ... Of course, a HUGE thanx to the WERA staff, and MARRC Safety crew for a great event !
    Great racin' Bucky !! What a BLAST !! :up::D

10. joec

joec brace yourself

you guys were rippin it up! too cool to see such nicely matched up 2 stroke and 4 stroke.

my bike ran great, but an persistant oil weep kept me of track for the most part. i think i got in 7 laps this weekend.

ohio paul crashed hard in t3 in r1 of practice. drqwing the red flag and the flashy box. he came back to the pits and the scramble was on to get his bike repaired. with help from bucky. he made it out for 2nd round, and both races. that guy is hardcore. he definitely gets my respect.

roper was killing it. buckys new frame is working, obviously. bill johnson was moving. steven barber.....where the hell did that speed come from. and your bke sounds fantastic!

steve dangelo didnt disappoint with his immaculate 250 ducati. and craig hirkos new bridgestone 200 is just plain awesome.

(who knew the 250gp class still existed??? hahahah!!!!)

11. rus23

rus23 Misfit

12. charles

charles The Transporter

13. jimraynor21

jimraynor21 Well-Known Member

14. 98VTRRider

Here is my footage of the same race, not a fun thing to witness, then not know what happened. All I saw was a cloud of dust, a tumbling bike, and an impact into the air fence.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AlogRv4L88

I'll link the V7MW race here and in a new thread when I get it uploaded

15. jimraynor21

jimraynor21 Well-Known Member

Hey Shane (and Jim), to answer your question since the FZR boards just shit themselves

My track life is probably on hold for quite a well at this point. My fiance finally got a decent job so we are making good money while we both finish school but of course when the money is there my job goes to hell and the time disappears. My boss was let go and another full time employee walked out with him roughly 2 months ago now(start of track season much?). So we are down to three full timers trying to keep a store running 7 days a week with very little support from our superiors...

I've been saying it for a long time and Im finally weighing other job options but this year is probably gonna be even worse for me than last when it comes to racing. Sooner or later Ill be out there giving you two a headache when I get more track time and up to speed(I know excuses excuses, but this shit is forever in my blood). Youll probably be dominating 600 SS by then. But believe me when I say its painful not coming out.

16. jimfowler

jimfowler Well-Known Member

well, in the meantime we're just gonna have all the fun without you! andrew was right on my tail for the entirety of the first race. what a blast to have some competition. too bad race two was rained out...i was gonna give him another opportunity to see what the back of my bike looks like.

- jim

17. joec

joec brace yourself

when i packed out on sunday morning....that was one of the scenarios i was playing over in my head. with the rain and all. wow. thats crazy. just bad luck right there.

18. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

yep,hanging on your tail was fun!and i have never told any guy that ever!!!haha.that rain was totally outta nowhere,and i thought i was getting to pass you when i realised you were on the brakes from the wall of rain up ahead. hopefully i can make it to mid-o!!

19. 98VTRRider

20. joec

joec brace yourself

awesome. great vid. that confirms it. rustys a nut job. nice riding guys. you guys are having too much fun out there.