1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suggestions on getting Sponsorship for "Race 4 the Cure"?

Discussion in 'General' started by Schump, Aug 14, 2005.

1. Schump

Schump Pimp w/a Slight Limp

ok, so the ball is finally rolling.
    of course, i'm broke, but that's ok, lots of sidework to do on jeeps, bikes, cars, etc be4 i get a real job.

i'm going to start "Race 4 the Cure"...raising money to cure diabetis. i have had juvenille since a week before haloween in 6th grade.
    i want to raise money to
    a) find a cure
    b) defer some of the costs of racing.
    i was thinking of getting whoever wants to to sign up for $1/lap or so sponsorship, making a website, keeping everyone informed of my fun, stories, pictures, performance, and...is this kosher... put $.75 towards the cure and $.25 in the bank for entry fees, oil, gas, parts, etc etc etc.
    i hope to get sponsored much like everyone else already has, contingency, etc. is there contingency in WERA? i'll need it!
    my friend did D.A.R.E. to keep kidz off drugs a long time ago, he got free tires from good year, free cell phones, free paint for his hooptie tow vehichle (1982 ford 351W van) and i dunno what else in return for crazy kirby, a guy he drove for who's now on lithium and pretty f'd in the head...like he wasn't in 1997...to take the car to schools and show it to kids, etc.
    i'll definitely do the same thing. i have 2 RC 30 uppers. one for the street, one for the track. same stickers, i ride EVERYDAY, even in the snow, skis tied to my handlebars on the way to teach ski school, wearing my R ski boot as i need my l foot to shift and both won't fit in the backpack!!! yeah, i got plenty of "were you that guy?...! sweet!" attention for that this spring.
    i'd like to get sponsored by...let's see:
    motoczysz...where i hope to work in one month or less or the local bike shop, golden mistake cycles
    bridgestone
    motorex or any good synthetic oil company
    any/every bar/ restaurant in town
    the cops? i'm friends with most, i've been pulled over 4 times in the past month and a half, no tickets. 3 daze ago it was for tying a rite aid shopping car behind the ol hawk and hauling groceries home. it unfortunately speed wobbled at 17 mph, but i had her up to 27 when i had the cart tied the other way. fucking hillarious. i managed to fit all $152 worth of rite aid schwag in my backpack and saddlebags and left the cart on minaret, 1 turn from the scenic loop, or 4 miles from my RV...3.5 of which are paved.
    hmmm...who else....
    an art gallery where i can hang my road racing/motocross/skiing/travelling/general insanity pictures
    mammoth mountain. i can advertise/sell anything. shit, i could sell ice to an eskimo!
    Blue Ridge Mountain Pottery-my mom's ceramics business...since i was born, now it's just www.susanschumpert.com, but it's cool, and fun and she's giving me a kiln i can keep in my trailer and make stuff and sell it.
    anyone, buehler, beuhler, behUL-her
    thanks for the help guys.
    fuck it, tuck it
    go big or go home...if jesse go big didn't go big, he would have cut my head off jumping over a cornice as i was spotting his blind landing...only to see him crossing his skis nearly shaving my neck. he wrote a song about jesse's jump, aka wipe out chutes to drop outs under 23 in mammoth called buck o' nine. he told me he wasn't feeling it and was only going to go 20-30'. well, he went at least 50', landed at 50 mph, sewing machined the bumps with about 5 sooooper G turns and miraculously came to a stop shiny side up. he said he was thinking "HE'S GONNA DIE! HE'S GONNA DIE!...I'M GONNA DIE! I'M GONNA DIE!....holy shit, i pulled it off, oooh mi god!" coolest shit i saw all year, better than "the mammoth coffee table", aka my 18 year-old friend ryan sissons pulling a back flip off tuttle rock under chair 22 on lincoln...feburary.
    anyone want to buy any pictures of WSB @ laguna, AMA superbike @ laguna 2003, AMA @ VIR 2002, FUSA, Mammoth Motocross 2003, my hillarious great trip cross country last summer, or any of the 1000 or more pics i've taken in the past year at the mountain, etc. if you do, let me know, i need a front street tire, race tires, a hawk r rim, gloves, back protector, spare levers, etc. please email me. thanx.
    Dave "the moose" Schumpert:rock:

2. Dutch

Dutch Token white guy

Hunter Thompson is not dead.....

3. Brian129

Brian129 Too many projects

dude!!!!!

yo need to (no really NEED!) condense your typing

i mean it sounds like your doing something for a fairly good cause, with racing being the way to raise money(i always thought of racing as a money pit) but man, i think i start the list of lazy sob's not willing to read that!

4. HPPT

HPPT !!!

5. Brian129

Brian129 Too many projects

Re: A couple more publications from the same author

publications, ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!:up: :bow: :clap: :beer:

6. Robert

Robert Flies all green 'n buzzin

10. As a rule, begin each paragraph with a topic sentence; end it in conformity with the beginning.

Again, the object is to aid the reader. The practice here recommended enables him to discover the purpose of each paragraph as he begins to read it, and to retain the purpose in mind as he ends it. For this reason, the most generally useful kind of paragraph, particularly in exposition and argument, is that in which

A. the topic sentence comes at or near the beginning;
    B. the succeeding sentences explain or establish or develop the statement made in the topic sentence; and
    C. the final sentence either emphasizes the thought of the topic sentence or states some important consequence.

Ending with a digression, or with an unimportant detail, is particularly to be avoided.

Elements of Style, William Strunk, Jr., 1918

7. Schump

papa,
    yeah, i'm fine. how r u. last time i saw you you had just gotten off in T3 at summit and i brought you and your girlfriend $97 i raised to help you out while wrenching at coleman blowersport in 2001. i'm fine, just got my friend's laptop in front of me and i have diahrea of the hands. i think the first thing you said to me when i met you was like "so, do you just enjoy visiting people in hospitals?" or something. i hope your are doing better than then, i'm doing fine aside from having $16 to my name right now...better get outside and finish pulling my friend's AMC Junk wrangler tranny so he can take it to fresno and exchange it tomorrow so i can reinstall and get at least $150 or so for the reinstall. i only charged him $80 to pull it out and it sux working in someone else's driveway out of your toolbox...i mean sadddlebags...
    take it easy guys.
    Tenacious D

i'll consider doing some editing be4 posting or something for those that don't like to read.
    and Hunter S. Thompson was THE man...thanks. fear and loathing has to be top 10 movies of all time, i'd say.
    :up:

8. Schump

mmmm k robert.
    i was always decent in english, i just have a habit of writing in stream of consiousness, can u tell? good ideaz tho. C, eye cayn spel an evurytinjj!

9. Robert

Robert Flies all green 'n buzzin

No offense intended. More people will read your posts if you organize separate thoughts into separate paragraphs (with blank lines between each).

10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

LOL :D
    Be gentle, man. My laptop didn't come with air freshener. :D

So, you're out west for good, or temporarily?