1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

stupid question.

Discussion in 'General' started by EdgeR6, Nov 6, 2007.

1. EdgeR6

EdgeR6 Well-Known Member

Whats the advantage of aftermarket clipon's as opposed to stock,

2. rugbymook

rugbymook Under Construction

Mostly, when you crash it's easier to just replace a tube than the whole clip-on. More adjustability too. Some have slightly bar angle.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2007
  3. CUDA

CUDA Well-Known Member

they are better because if you fall down you bust a little $10 tube that you can buy at the track or take with you and if you bust a stock one you have to replace the whole thing. Other than that it is pretty much the same, although you can move the clip on posts around a little, but I wouldn't consider that too mcuh of an advantage.

4. Spyderchick

Spyderchick Leather Goddess

Actually, the adjustability is an advantage. Stock bars press into my hands and cause numbness. By using clip ons on both my street and race machines, I was able to alleviate this problem and ride with greater comfort and control.

5. CUDA

CUDA Well-Known Member

interesting. I would have to see that in action so I could tell the difference between them. For me they have always been the same size around and pretty close to the stock location. I would even run them mix match and it wouldn't matter. different strokes I guess.