1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

STT's Last Tally Date of the Year Nov 7-8th, Still Only $99.00 a Day!!!

Discussion in 'Track Days' started by Motorin Mark, Oct 10, 2009.

1. HSV_RedRider

HSV_RedRider Member

Just got my refund from Elite; signed up for both days.

2. bo1142

bo1142 Dr. Mantis Toboggan

I'm in for Saturday along with my brother

3. ScottyJFZ1

ScottyJFZ1 UVBNFZD

Sounds like you need to bump up to Advanced I assume you mean 1:05 -:06's thats Advanceed times for sure...

Just take it easy on me when you pass the big ole FZ1....

i am in for both days for "I" and hopefully my brother will be in Novice for both days.

Looking forward to meeting some of the members here...

4. Motorin Mark

Motorin Mark Well-Known Member

Sat Nov and Int "sold out" today. Thanks everybody.

5. trispdtrip

trispdtrip Poor, Fat, Slow Racer

Just signed up for Sunday. If some one has a Saturday I they can not use let me know.

6. dwain

dwain Well-Known Member

how is sat. adv. filling

7. ten2six

ten2six Active Member

I tried to purchase a Sunday, but I need a login. Seems that I cannot get a username/password to login with unless I'm a member.

Are the memberships for calendar years, or 12 months from the time of purchase?

Maybe they won't be sold out before I get a chance to call....

8. Motorin Mark

Membership is not required for our last three events Tally, CMP or Jennings. The website sign in is working fine and it will allow you to sign in without a membership. Keep trying, we had twelve sign ups today alone.

9. ten2six

ten2six Active Member

Thats what I thougt. I'll try again

10. ten2six

ten2six Active Member

Got it. Thanks.

Not sure what happend the first try?

11. STT-Rider

STT-Rider Well-Known Member

We're pretty close to sold out. 5 spots left I think.

12. Gosling1

Gosling1 #972

Consider it done!!!

13. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Thanks Man! Plan on eating well Friday Night!

14. sgosselin13

sgosselin13 track day junkie

hey monte and mark (or anyone else that might have some info) need some advice here. ive been using pilot race tires for my track days, but i have never done a track day in november. i know it will take a while for the tires to warm up even with tire warmers. i know that 2CT heat up pretty quickly and i have an extra set of lying around. should i keep the pilot race tires on the bike or should i switch to the 2CT?????

15. Motorin Mark

Depends on what pace you want to ride at. Advance level pace? use power race tires. If you intend to back it down....pilot powers work great. I use race tires all year long.

16. xrated

xrated Well-Known Member

That would be a tough call! What group do you ride in.....Novice, Int. Adv? Also, it is impossible to predict what the temps will be that weekend. Last year at the Nov. Tally day on Saturday, it was in the mid 30's that morning and if I remember correctly, got up into the mid 60's by afternoon. I run the Power Race also, and have for the last 3 or 4 years. As soon as I get the bike through Tech, the warmers go on. Also, I don't pull them until they announce final call for that particular session. In other words, why have the warmers on and then sit for 6-7 minutes in hot pit waiting to go out. The 2CT's will heat up a little quicker, but are not as sticky as the Power Race. Personally, I would use the Power Race unless I knew that it would never get above 45 to 50 degrees that day. I would just make sure that I got at least 3 or maybe 4 laps in before I really started pushing them. I know this doesn't "answer" your question, but there are just too many variables at this time to really nail down an answer.

17. xrated

xrated Well-Known Member

Mark........you beat me by 3 minutes on that answer!!! See ya there on Sat.

18. sgosselin13

sgosselin13 track day junkie

thx guys i appreciate the help, and it does help me.

19. vosnick52

vosnick52 Well-Known Member

Mark,
    Please save me an advanced spot for Saturday :up:
    I will call the ladies in the morning.

20. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

Can anyone help me out with some gearing info for Tally? Honda 600 Tks Tdub