1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Street tacos on a blackstone.

Discussion in 'General' started by Hyperdyne, Mar 4, 2024.

1. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Gimme some help here…

Juat put mine together and I have to season it first.

Anyone have a good experience trying them?

2. gonriding

gonriding Well-Known Member

Not sure what you are looking for, but yes. Fire up that plancha and make tacos!! Hard to beat having all that room with different temps for meat and tortillas at the same time. Perfect for parties or tailgating

3. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Haven't gotten there yet, but it's amazing making a big breakfast on the weekend.

4. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Look up the video of "Smash Tacos"...it made me want to buy a Blackstone.

5. Hyperdyne

I don't want the American restaurant tacos. I want the barrio style. We have a Mexican market not too far from the house and you can get the carne' asada pre cut up and ready.

6. Hyperdyne

We've used one at the track before and you are correct. It's pretty dang tough to beat.

7. kirk erlinger

kirk erlinger Well-Known Member

I'd suggest signing up for Mr TLR67 cooking classes....he knows his way around one of those! :bow:

ToofPic and TLR67 like this.
  8. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Griddle up the meat to your preferred temp and push it aside to a warm spot. Worm up the tortillas on the grease spot that the meat left and assemble. Its easy as hell. If you buy unseasoned meat just add the seasoning right on the griddle with maybe a little oil. Done forget to get some sweet taco holders. I use em for gyros too.

https://www.amazon.com/Stainless-Ea...holders+stainless+steel&qid=1709651073&sr=8-6

9. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

ewww... he wants traditional street tacos, not taco bell

cpettit likes this.
  10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Traditional don't use tortillas? Seems odd.

11. Tristan

take another run at it... focus on the first word I quoted

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Ahhh, dirty reading glasses :crackup:

13. Hyperdyne

Birria tacos I want to try next but I have to slow cook the meat. Those things are absolutely amazing.

https://damndelicious.net/2019/04/18/mexican-street-tacos/

These are more my fist attempt. Mainly so I can to chicken and beef. Fish tacos sound good to just not sure what type of fish would go well.

cpettit likes this.
  14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Any fish you personally like. Salmon rocks, basic cod like fish and chips is great, I like Tilapia too.

The thing for me with tacos is I can't really think of many proteins that don't work with some pico lettuce and onion :crackup:

15. Hyperdyne

Fair point LOL..

I'm just now realizing the potential of this thing and it's a bit overwhelming thinking I am now going to become a short order cook to my daughters friends when they are over :D

16. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

I made some when the wife left me alone for a few days last month. Drizzle a little of that aujus on there before your fry em up crispy. These were made from braised lamb shanks. They are bangin! 79A2734C-4B6D-4AE1-98D3-71F9D4FF1313.jpeg

17. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

I love fish but I stay away from tilapia, the
    stuff in the stores is farm-raised and the ponds
    they grow in are basically open sewers. If
    you can get it fresh-caught from clean water
    it's great, but that's not what's for sale in
    the store. Much of it comes from China where
    they feed them cow and pig manure. They can
    live on anything and survive in extremely
    polluted waters and they grow fast so, a great
    fish to make money on but not so great for
    the consumer.

ToofPic and tl1098 like this.
  18. Tristan

Meh... flounder eats crap off the bottom of the ocean and it's pretty tasty. And pigs are nasty as fuck but also tasty...

19. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

Mahi is good for tacos, even better with Cajun seasoning, a spicy aioli, and charred corn salsa.

Use the flattop for carne asada, shrimp, fish etc. Instant pot is perfect for barbacoa, chicken tinga, and carnitas. Cotija cheese, cilantro, and limes to finish them off off course.

pfhenry likes this.
  20. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

I like to mix Mahi and shrimp 50/50 for tacos with onions and peppers.

R1Racer99 likes this.