1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Strapless Stands Rod for SV

Discussion in 'Wanted to buy or trade' started by rogers1323, Dec 27, 2019.

1. rogers1323

rogers1323 Well-Known Member

I'm in search of STS axle rod and spacers that will fit 2nd Gen SV. I've seen where they used to make them, but I don't think they do anymore. I picked up an SV, and still have the STS mounted in my trailer. Trying not to have to switch over to the Pitbull TRS just yet if I don't have to.

2. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

McMaster-carr has stainless rod in whatever diameter you need. Spacers can be made out of PVC pipe. I don't have the STS stands, but some custom made knockoffs- forgive me if your setup is more complicated than mine.

3. jasonhise

jasonhise Well-Known Member

I searched a while and have this axle rod... It took me a while to find it... I presume you're looking for an STS rod...

4. rogers1323

Yeah, I was hoping to find an STS rod. Looks like when they made it for the SV it was pretty well designed.

My concern is that with the smaller rod diameter it will have play in the stand. The rods they made had ends of larger diameter so that they still fit tight in the stand, which would be preferable. But Tristan, you're right, it isn't actually complicated.

5. jasonhise

[​IMG]

This is what you’re looking for I presume? I went the Pitbull route for my SV and GSXR. Have both rods and the whole STS setup still.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. rogers1323

Yeah, that! Willing to sell just that rod? How much?

7. jasonhise

I am... I remember it cost me $40 about two years ago after searching for 6+ months. Where would you need it shipped? PM me and we can figure details out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk