1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stranger Things (Netflix series)

Discussion in 'General' started by NemesisR6, Jul 20, 2016.

1. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

If you grew up in the 80's, or are a big fan of many of the films from Spielberg, John Carpenter, or Stephen King, you really should give this one a look. Watched 2 episodes last night with the wife and we're hooked. Had to force ourselves to turn the TV off.........there are 8 episodes in the first season.

2. I watched it all. It was good, I hope they make more seasons.

3. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

We binge watched the whole first season and I must highly recommend it for any ex-nerdy kid that grew up in the eighties. They had me at the first episode when the kids were playing D&D in the basement. It was simply awesome and the soundtrack is outstanding !

Last edited: Nov 25, 2016
  4. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

They are making a season 2. I know someone thats working on-set. :D

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

We're watching it. Kind of meh about the whole horror flick end of it but do like the eighties aspect, been there lived that :D

6. SWAT_Spyder76

SWAT_Spyder76 Well-Known Member

Makes me want waffles...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Between Netflix, Prime and all the others....cable (TV div) has got to be shitting a lil huh?

I cannot wait for Season 2 of The Man in the High Castle to begin...it was actually pretty good.

For those who like police drama's, Bosch wasn't half bad either, they're two season in for that one.

8. crazywolf450r

crazywolf450r Well-Known Member

You'll love the rest of it

9. K51000

K51000 Well-Known Member

Got rid of some of our TV, have a 1 monitor Netflix account, and use some Amazon Prime too.

I'm 1/2 way thru season 2.
    I was in my 20's fore all the '80's.
    I dig seeing that era on film.

I think it is good acting mostly too.
    Some of the Sci fi is getting out of hand,
    But I do like and recommend it.

10. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Season 2 was by far the weakest for me. One episode in particular was especially bad. You know which one if you’ve seen it.

Season 3 more than redeemed the series. It’s not quite as good as S1 because S1 was so different when it came out, but it’s very very good and actually progresses the story unlike S2.

11. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Well-Known Member

After the season 3 finale I'm curious if there will be a season 4...

12. KrooklynSV

KrooklynSV Usual Suspect

They did a promo for it in late September, so there's a season 4 coming.

Bloodhound likes this.
  13. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I stopped in the midst of Season 3 the wokeness was getting to be a bit much. Maybe I'll give it another shot. Season 1 was great no doubt. Second season was ok.

14. BigBird

BigBird blah