1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stoopid computer question

Discussion in 'General' started by 600 dbl are, Jul 28, 2017.

1. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

I am looking for something like a TV tuner card for my lap top but I need it to allow HDMI input instead of a coax cable. Either they do not exist or I'm too stupid to search for the correct item (money is on the latter). Any ideas?

TYIA.

2. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

What are you trying to accomplish? (I think I know but what to hear what you say)

3. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

They do exist. However if the video output is HDCP protected, which most are, you will be limited to certain resolutions and in some cases devices will flat refuse to give you any signal.

4. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

I have my laptop connected through my Xbox which plays on the TV. I wanted to be able to hook up the Xbox or PS4 into the computer to use both the PC screen and view what's on the game system.

5. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Oh thats not what I thought at all lol...

If you use Win10 you can leverage the xbox app and do remote play on the laptop over the network.

6. Venom51

What he said.

7. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

Gamers do this all the time to record their stuff. Google "HDMI capture card"

8. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

Look at el gato capture card

9. Venom51

10. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Why is it that when you guys ask "stupid" computer questions, I don't even know what you're talking about? If I want to play a game I'll go get the monopoly box out of the closet. :moon:

11. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

There are no stupid questions, only stupid people.