1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stoner back next year with Ducati ?

Discussion in 'General' started by povol, May 15, 2013.

1. povol

povol Well-Known Member

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/817/16135/Motorcycle-Article/Single-Track-Mind--Where-to-Ducati-.aspx

Now here’s where the story gets really interesting. The wrinkly gossip is that life in Australia is not quite as perfect as Mr. C. Stoner thought it might be. Going from a world where merely having the holy Casey’s shadow fall on you was considered to be a blessing, to being just another rich, but not extremely rich, young Australian is, I am told, not sitting overly well.

Worse still, Casey looks at the current GP line-up and thinks, reportedly publicly, that he could whup all their asses regardless of what bike he rode.

2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

When he goes into corner one at race one of the season wearing phillip morris red I'll believe it.

3. gpstar748

gpstar748 Well-Known Member

good read!

4. jd96

jd96 Well-Known Member

It would be great if it happened.

5. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

Fucking lol at the second to last paragraph!

So true :(

6. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

Who told you, his uncle?

7. Nick_OMC

Nick_OMC Will crash your bike

colorful read full of interesting conjecture but nothing that is what I'd call concrete. I make no secret that I am a Hayden fan and i laughed at their suggestion that winning only a couple races and being consistent on the podium through the year wouldnt win a championship. That exact performance did in 2006, maybe not again in history, but it certainly happened.

8. TStinson

TStinson Well-Known Member

Would be great for MotoGP. And, I think Cal and Casey would get along well as teamates.

9. povol

povol Well-Known Member

You didnt bother clicking on the link did you:rolleyes:

10. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

I just did... Sorry....

11. james walker

james walker beat down, broken & busted

i wish Casey the awesomest Freddie Spencer-like comeback ever.

12. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Interesting read.

13. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

If Ducati/Audi were smart, they would hand Casey a blank check, a bunch of paper and say, "tell us what you want in a bike"

Think about what Casey did.... He won on 2 different bikes that someone else developed.

He rode what was given to him in both cases and rode around any issues/problems.

I think his ego is just bog enough that he would LOVE to prove that he can win on Ducati after Rossi failed.

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

If they were smart they'd do that with the riders they already have....

15. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

In what way is Cal a championship contender and Dovi is not? We have a pretty good side by side comparison last year.

16. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

That's what the article said they pretty much did/ are doing.

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Okay read it, sounds a lot more like a wish list than a realistic assessment of things.

18. Aweasel

Aweasel Well-Known Member

lost it at "wishing to end it all." So emo. Hot wife, filthy rich, multi WC, army of fans, records to his name, PAID TO RACE MOTORCYCLES, what a hard life

19. Focker

Focker Well-Known Member

Really good read.

20. Dr. Stupid

Dr. Stupid Well-Known Member

Ha. And this is after finishing his last season in 3rd place. Imagine if Stoner went out with the #1 plate: the conjecture would be that he'd win the championship by coming out of retirement and using his eyeball laser beams to destroy the opposition.