1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

'Stone slick compounds for endurance race on cold track?

Discussion in 'Tech' started by SVandST, Apr 15, 2010.

1. SVandST

SVandST Well-Known Member

I'll be racing a 600 (GSXR or R6) this weekend in a 3 hour endurance race at Nelson Ledges. Weather forecast is for a high temp of 50. Race doesn't start until 3:00 so the temps during much of the race might only be in the high 40s. It's also forecasted to be overcast skies so I don't expect much sunlight to heat the track.

I'm planning to use a YCY rear, but I wasn't sure if I should go with a YCX or YDC front. Anybody who uses 'Stone slicks have any suggestions?

Bridgestone literature seems to suggest using a softer compound for colder temps, but I've seen some tire brands have cold tear issues with softer compounds on cold tracks.

2. duck62

duck62 V7 Scooter

Paging Stickboy....

3. chrysta1

chrysta1 Well-Known Member

I would go with the YCX front since you are using the YCY rear.

On an SV650 I would use the YCX rear and YDC front for the temps this weekend at Nelsons. The bridgestones do seem to operate over a wide temperature range so you should be fine either way. What kind of times does the team run?

Dan

4. PistolPete

PistolPete Fuck Cancer...

They're not very fast :crackup:

5. SVandST

SVandST Well-Known Member

There's a guy on the team who's name is Pete. Other than him, we're not too bad! ;)