1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steroids in sports

Discussion in 'General' started by JCP636, Oct 19, 2012.

1. JCP636

JCP636 Well-Known Member

Why don't they have classes like we do for motorcycles? Like instead of superstock and superbike, they can have "roided up" and "au natural"...

2. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

youtube snl all steroids olympics

3. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

Because then au natural would only be available to watch on a year end Betamax tape, released 2 months into the current season.

4. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I would imagine that it's a HUGE ethical/logistical/etc nightmare to allow something like that. Just openly allowing controlled substance use/abuse for professional athletes, whether its a "special" class for them or not, still has millions of kids looking up to them and being given the message that hey this is OK and you should get started doing it now so one day you can be like them :)

It's easier to just turn a blind eye to it an allow it as an accepted norm under the guise of stringent testing, like IFBB professional bodybuilders.....actually, if I'm not mistaken the IFBB has stated that they don't test their pro athletes :D

Last edited: Oct 19, 2012
  5. CWN racing

CWN racing Well-Known Member

If you really banned doping in all sports no one would watch. It would be a bunch of regular dudes playing so who cares. People want to see the beast of an athlete tearing shit up. All the stuff around cycling right now is normal, they all dope. Just like all sports, they all do some form of drugs to stay competitive. Epo, testosterone, pain killers, whatever it is. These guys are talented for sure but are not super humans like we see on tv. Hell, doping is even in motor sports with diuretics and the tons of pain killers given to race when hurt. It's all the same shit. Who would go see a bodybuilding event if guys didn't come in at 300lbs and 2% body fat? If you ever read stuff from victor balco it really opens your eyes to the truth in doping and testing. During the Olympics this year they asked him how many of the thousands of athletes would fail a drug test if he gave it, he said 80% because he knows what to test for. Pretty amazing

6. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

I think they should be allowed in all sports over 18 years old. I wanna see bulked up dudes bombing home runs in MLB, ripping heads off in the NFL, dunking over 5 dudes in he NBA, Again, ripping heads off in the NHL, Peddling faster in riding events, Horses running faster. Bring it all on for my amusement :D

7. There are SO many myths out there about steroids. It usually isnt even worth discussing because 99% of the population has no idea what they are talking about.

People like to sit around and repeat ignorant ass bullshit they have heard/read without having any factual knowledge on the subject, much less first hand experience. I get pissed off just thinking about some of the uneducated, biased bullshit people spout without having a damn clue.

What was this thread about again? :crackup:

Oh yeah, sports. If they want to do it, let them go for it.

8. Racer45

Racer45 old guy just tryin'

TRT is a big debate in MMA right now. My problem with it is the way you can recover (and the fact they allow like 6:1 ratio for some reason).

9. Quicktoy

I'm trying to get my doc to prescribe me HGH..ugh pain in the ass to get that stuff

10. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

best snl skit ever. "i think tomorrow he's really gonna feel that."

11. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

I just ended 18 weeks of TRT at a pretty heavy dose. It was amazing but the side effects were far too severe for me.
    On the upside I was an animal in the gym and the bedroom with a very shortened recovery time for both. It also made the endless travel and meetings that I do much more bearable. However, my testicles shrank literally to the size of almonds, my blood pressure skyrocketed and my lipid profiles were bringing back some pretty scary numbers.

To anybody considering TRT I beg you to do your research and go into it with your eyes wide open. It is not for everybody.

12. Racer45

Exactly, I assume you really needed it? Fighters are doing it for training and strength and long as they end up in an acceptable range at fight time (6:1 I believe) which is well above the normal person. I've read up on it a little bit and it sounds like once you start you have to keep doing it or your test will drop below where it was?

13. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

I dont know because I am still coming off of it. I do know that I would have been in an high estrogen/low test state for up to three months if I did not add new drugs in to speed that process along. These included daily injection of HCG into my stomach and a month of taking two meds, Arimidex and Clomid. With those drugs my nards have come back and I have not dropped in test yet.

FWIW, before I started on TRT I my test was in the mid 400's (normal which means I did not need exogenous test) and 2 months in it was in the 1100's. I literally wanted to either fuck or fight everything I saw. Sometimes both.

14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Well, they did fuck up your head...

:D

15. Racer45

Yeah, the side effects to me are more than I'd want to deal with I think

16. SlyRy

SlyRy Registered user

Roid rage? :D

It's pretty much common sense. If you disrupt the body's natural production of hormones, there will be consequences. What's so hard to understand about that?

I have no respect for people that use performance enhancers. They all end up being scronny after it's all done anyway. :D

17. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

I've been prescribed Prednisone on a number of occasions.
    I know nothing about steroids otherwise but, damn, I eat like a monster when I'm on 'em, don't feel the stairs in the house or any other quick/mild exertions at all and I'm pretty sure I could throw a 1000cc sbk around like a bicycle.
    Good thing I can't get a lifetime 'scrip'...I'd be hooked.

18. Quicktoy

well some of us have issues whee we don't produce it naturally, so thank god for drug companies

19. Quicktoy

Uhm prednisone isn't that kind of steroid. You dont beef up on prednisone, it just fucks you up big time. I refuse to accept a script of that stuff and always make my doctor find an alternate drug. that shit is just scary

20. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

I was not looking for any performance enhancer, I just felt like shit and wanted some relief. Of course then I became a victim of a bad diagnosis. It turns out that sleep deprivation causes the same feelings as Low-T. I have since been diagnosed with sleep apnea, which was the actual problem. Now I gotta wear a fighter pilots mask when I sleep. It sucks.