1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steering Damper mounting?

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by Motomark32, Jan 25, 2008.

1. Motomark32

Motomark32 skinny tires

I've got a steering damper for my cb450 from Pro-Flo (ngk I think?) the one that matches stock for Kaw H1-H2. Anyone got a good pic of how to mount it to the frame? Thanks!

2. Tinfoil hat charly

Tinfoil hat charly Well-Known Member

no pic but I was able to mount a Shindy damper on my cb350 using an almost stock sl350k0 steering damper mount that bolts to the frame at the coil mounts, just clears the bottom of the 1970 cb350 tank I use: was going to use the sl350k0 damper but couldn't find a decent one.

3. Motomark32

Motomark32 skinny tires

I'd given that setup some thought too, but I've only ever seen home made welded-to-the head stock mounts. Thanks for confirming for me that bolt-on can work, too.

I didn't know that 350's ever came with stock dampers. I'll have to do some more looking on the internet.

4. Tinfoil hat charly

Tinfoil hat charly Well-Known Member

What's really cool was the 1969 cb350 k0 friction steering damper through the steering stem--I went with a cb500t front end so I couldn't use it, but I really wanted to show up at tech with that big black knob! [old cb450's had that deal too]

5. racertex

racertex vintage dude

joe clancy can help you out with that (stock cb350 setup)....his stuff is old school.

cheers,

tex

6. Motomark32

Motomark32 skinny tires

Thanks tex! I'll give joe a shout.

7. Motomark32

Motomark32 skinny tires

Now that you mention it, my buddies ca77 dream has that big black knob! Maybe I should rifle through his parts bin!