1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steak - your favorite cut and...........

Discussion in 'General' started by XFBO, Aug 12, 2011.

1. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

prepared in what manner?

You bastids have absolutely been killing me with these food topics lately!

So I have to ask what is YOUR favorite cut and preferance in how it prepared.....grill, pan, oven......WHAT!?!?!

Please include your favorite recipes, ie. sauces, dry rubs, marinades, etc....

Why? Why not!

Just yesterday a few coworkers and myself went to a local Latin Steakhouse for lunch, in Garfield, NJ.
    Let me tell y'all something, if you like a flavorful steak that is absolutely to die for, you gotta give Christian's Steakhouse a try, more specifically, their Churrasco (skirt steak) platter. Then if you're hungry they have a larger order of skirt steak with a sausage link and fried egg on top of the steak....Can you say Mmmmmmmm. :D

Discuss!

2. Marc Camp

Marc Camp Well-Known Member

.Filet prepped with smack your momma rub or D.L. Jardines rub.Cooked rare and seared pittsburgh style.

3. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

Ribeye. Salt, pepper, olive oil. That's it...

4. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

:stupid:

1.5 inches thick on a smoking hot hot hot grill. 3 minutes on each side.

5. RIB333

RIB333 Well-Known Member

That's it all right. Rare.

6. BigHeadzDC

BigHeadzDC One Track Wonder

I actually prefer a NY cut. Not as tender as a Ribeye but I think the flavor is better.

No marinade, no rub, no stupid dunking it in sauces. Just the beef please. A little salt, a little pepper, and a LITTLE olive oil to help sear the outside quickly.

I can't understand why people will take the time to prepare a nice cut of beef, and then drown it in some sauce of other crap.

CRA_Fizzer likes this.
  7. 6_Myles

6_Myles Well-Known Member

I go back and forth between grill and skillet/oven techniques. Really depends in the number of steaks.

I prefer a porterhouse, ribeye for me, fillet for the wife. Medium rate at most.

8. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

3/4" well-marbled angus t-bone. Stab with a fork ~100 times each side. LIGHTLY dribble on some worcestershire. A couple of shakes of garlic salt. Barely threaten it with black pepper. Grill on lowish heat til med rare. :up:

9. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

I like taking a nice rump roast, getting the grill up to about 500 degrees, and tossing that big slab o' cow in there. Drop the temp to 300 and let it grill for 6 minutes a side.

Then I bring it in, cut off the chunk I'm gonna eat, and cook the rest of it for another 20 minutes so Sarah can eat it.

She doesn't do quite so well with the raw moo as me. :D

10. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

Winner

11. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

T-Bone rare, punctured with a fork and covered with Lee & Perrins and fresh cracked peppercorns.

12. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

I would like to try an expresso crusted steak

13. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Filet, medium rare. No bullshit rubs, no giving the cow coffee enemas, none of that fancy bullshit hype. Some salt and pepper and leave it the f@ck alone!

Unless you have some Bucks seasoning.

14. r6boater

r6boater Logged out

Rib-eye, marinaded in teryaki and with minced garlic clove for at least overnight; grilled over low heat and dunk into maridnade everytime you flip on the grill.

15. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

^ This, 6 times a week and twice on Sunday. The only way I've ordered a steak, and the only cut I order since I became aware of proper meat preperation, and not masking poor cooking and shit meat with A1 and spices.

16. Beattie_yo

Beattie_yo SuspectsUnlimited.com

Dry aged Prime Porterhouse seared and then broiled, fresh cracked sea salt and black pepper.

rare-medium rare.

17. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

Japanese Special steak- do not Know the name of it

They feed cows ex amount of BEER every day and give them Massages, this introduces more small fat lines through the meat making it BLOODY YUMMY

TRUE STORY

O and Med/well done Lots of Cracked Pepper

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  18. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Yeap, and the leather that Kushitani uses is the by product of those cows. ;)

19. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Porterhouse or Delmonico, lightly seasoned and grilled medium rare.

20. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Kobe beef

Once a Wanker.. likes this.