1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

State Farm Insurance

Discussion in 'General' started by Tornacl, Sep 18, 2007.

1. Tornacl

Tornacl 1teampolevault

Does anyone here have their streetbike coverage with SF ? I live in SC and was told today by my agent they are no longer writing coverage for sportbikes:eek: I already have my policy with them but it looks like they are not accepting any new clients with sportbike coverage...:down:

2. 45° Please

45° Please Large Member

You may thank the

Stunters, thieves and squidly poo poo heads for that.

3. mfbRSV

mfbRSV Well-Known Member

Have not heard that before. Had my Aprilia covered until just a few months ago.

4. DangerZone

DangerZone CAUTION!

seems to me that if that were the case then SF would/should send a letter to any policy holders of sportbike coverage just as a courtesy, kind of like an address change. a "hey by the way" kind of thing.

5. rydfree

rydfree Well-Known Member

Haven't heard that but rumor is they are not going to cover any vehicle at a track after this year , racing or not ..

6. gpstar748

gpstar748 Well-Known Member

mm it doesnt suprise me........I ran into some problems with them after I switched when they found out I raced even though I didnt have a race bike insured with them

7. zook1k6

zook1k6 Banned

My guy told me that they will no longer write a policy on the bike alone if you have any tickets or violations unless you have your car insured with them as well.

8. Racer45

Racer45 old guy just tryin'

I have my ZX10 through SF and it only cost $480 a year

9. georgiadawg

georgiadawg Elbows Out

If you are talking about only having the bike insured wihtout another vehicle as the primary then yeah it's always been like that with them. I have my bike insured through them and they are still the cheapest price for me

10. Racer45

ditto. I have everything from house, car/truck and wifes jewelry throught them.

11. Marcmcm

Marcmcm Huge Member

I have a 1000RR and it's a whopping $336/yr. Progressive wanted $2500 and Geico wanted $1900 even with an MSF Instructor discount.

I use State Farm for everything as well and they've been very good to me. My agent comes in on Saturdays if I need him and gives me his cell phone number so I cna reach him whenever I need him.

12. paistes5

paistes5 Well-Known Member

Just insured my 1000RR with them not a month ago. They even insured my Hayabusa when Allstate wouldn't.

13. Racer45

places like Progressive are a total rip off. The only reason people go to them is that they have no place let to go since a SF won't touch them and their 30 tickets

14. Cliffy

Cliffy Well-Known Member

Funny, USAA quit writing bike policies over a year ago, they farm you out to progressive. Strange thing is Geico can beat the pants off of them, either way hopefully I never have to test any insurance coverage. BTW just got a comp quote on a '02 Mille RSVR min comp cov $1000 deduct, 333/yr. Age 30 no wrecks tickets w/ MSF.

15. Marcmcm

Marcmcm Huge Member

I was pissed when USAA quit writing motorcycle policies. I had them with my 600RR and it was about $30/month. Sold the 600RR and was without a bike for about 6 months and when I go to get a new bike it's $200/month thanks to them farming it out to Progressive. I had all my insurance with USAA and I took it all away from them thanks to their move to Progressive.

16. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

State Farm Sucks,

try Geico for cycle coverage ;)

17. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

Geico wanted double what I was paying to Progressive for a ZRX1100.

18. 45° Please

45° Please Large Member

Yeah, don't forget they're looking

at engine displacement and then the letters.

Gotta love bean counters.

19. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Comparing Insurance companies without having the same bike in the same geographical location with the same driving record at the same age is fun butt fruitless.

I shop my bikes around each year. Year after year it's either Progressive or Dairyland. Snake Farm, Allsnake, Gecko, Farmers, all way higher for my bikes in my town at my age.

Currently under $300/yr for both bikes.

20. R Acree

R Acree Banned

:stupid: I don't shop every year, but for me, Progressive was good and beat Dairyland, particularly with multiple bikes. They seem to recognize that you can only ride one at a time and charge accordingly for liability. Three bikes, 2 with full coverage, one liability only less than $330 annually. When comparing rates, other variable to consider are coverage limits and deductible. They can make a huge difference in rates.