1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Starting over

Discussion in 'General' started by Metalhead, Dec 12, 2018.

1. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

No. Well, when I hit 60 I'm eligible. Expensive though.

2. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

I so want this to happen.

SpeedyE and shakazulu12 like this.
  3. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

Step 1 - cut a hole in a box.

CRA_Fizzer, Chris, DWhyte91 and 7 others like this.
  4. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

Life is a choice, not what people tell you what you should do or what is expected of them for your "American"dream. Which usually involves lots of work, debt, buying things you can't afford/ living beyond your means, and rules, lots of rules. Only to realize life should not be this hard? Good luck Richie

K51000 and Metalhead like this.
  5. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

There an Airgas store or the like in your area? Go there and be a store monkey selling and talking about welding shit.

Or get a side gig at Home Depot or Lowes.

Shenanigans, Phl218 and busa99 like this.
  6. zertrider

zertrider Waiting for snow. Or sun.

I'm not 46 yet, and think about doing something like this all the time. I could afford to do it, as business has been good, and my wife makes a pretty solid living herself. I think even just working a parts desk at an auto parts store would be just fine.
    There are days where I would do it in a second if it were not for the fact that it would cause others to lose their job, and leave many customers without somewhere else to go. And there are days when I enjoy every second. But less enjoyable are starting to outnumber the enjoyable.

Metalhead likes this.
  7. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

If you do your deliveries on the Rick Flair Says WOOOO!!!, then you are most assured it will happen.

BigBird, Phl218 and Metalhead like this.
  8. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Dude if you don't need the money you should do some traveling. Hit the road and go see some places you haven't seen. There is a bbs'er in damn near every city in America. You could couch surf your way across the country and have a great adventure for a month or two!

flygirl and cha0s#242 like this.
  9. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Yeah those are on the radar. Right now, just wanting to take it easy. Kinda enjoying this retirement shit.

Phl218 likes this.
  10. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Yeah, felt the same way.

11. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Already done some of that. This piddly job will allow me that too. I mean, jobs like this are everywhere.

12. RossK6

RossK6 Grid Filler

My wife and I call this the "fuck it, chuck it" plan. It' there in case we get fed up with it all.

13. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

Did you look into Uber Eats? Wondering how the tips/commission would be on that compared to Pizza Hut/Dominoe's/Papa Johns and you can work as much/little as you want.

BigBird likes this.
  14. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Whatever you decide to do be HAPPY in your choice.
    Good luck to you Richie. :beer:

flygirl, KneeDragger_c69 and cav115 like this.
  15. SpeedyE

SpeedyE Experimental prototype, never meant for production

You are funny amazing guy, everyone loves you.....everything will work out!!!!!
    Good luck, brother <3

flygirl and Metalhead like this.
  16. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

Keep on keepin on!

Good luck!

17. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

I've been thinking about this a bunch lately. I've recently stepped down from a management role because the stress of managing people interferes with my family life.

I hope you enjoy Pizza Hut, Richie. No stress and I bet you get to deal with a bunch of crazies.

BigBird likes this.
  18. Phl218

Phl218 .

A friend in germany used his pizza gig to deliver other “goods” with it.

Nice side change...

jrsamples, scottn and rd400racer like this.
  19. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

You know, I can't afford a place as nice as yours in the town we live in, on a fucking lawyer's salary... A nice house like that with decent land around it would probably reach around $800k here. FML.

20. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Oh no, they have to put up with ME. I plan on entertaining as much as delivering. Lol

scottn likes this.