1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

startig issue gsxr600 help/suggestions?

Discussion in 'Tech' started by lrrs699, Apr 6, 2009.

1. lrrs699

lrrs699 EX ccs/lrrs

:scratchhead: Havent started the bike for awhile, put a crap load of parts on it this weekend, went to start..... nothing, Discounted the ignition mod i put in, back to stock still nothing, Doesnt wanna turn at all.. turn key, pump turns on, wont turn over,.......... hooked to charger, connected between fuse relay and got bike started, thats the only way it would start up. wanted to keep working but just ran out of daylight, any ideas what it is?? thanks

2. lrrs699

lrrs699 EX ccs/lrrs

3. lrrs699

lrrs699 EX ccs/lrrs

nobody??

4. colarbonemark

colarbonemark Well-Known Member

is it trying to turn over?

5. ginness72

ginness72 Well-Known Member

hey whats up ?
    i have 02 gsxr 600 been sitting through the winter, starting up here and there. had it started two weeks ago no issues. went to start it two days ago and nothing. turn key on, have power,fuel pump primes hit the start button, NOTHING , wont turn over. pull the out of the ecu come's back as 42 starter relay. busted out the volt meter tested the relay and it checked out.
    It ended up being my start button.
    just happened out of nowhere. :beer:

6. lrrs699

lrrs699 EX ccs/lrrs

my pump primes, i think is the start button as well, i got it to start when i connected the relay thru the bolts with a screwdriver. volt meter showed power on the relay. I had to remove the clip-on and switch out to aftermarket. so i may have happened there. but it wasnt like i tore the thing off

Last edited: Apr 7, 2009
  7. busa4

busa4 Well-Known Member

check voltage at the starter relay(not the thick wires. the thin ones). if you have power to the starter relay then the relay is bad. if you dont have power to the relay then check your starter switch. if the engine doesnt crank there are only so many parts that can be a problem. also check your kickstand seitch and your clutch switch.

8. forlorn

forlorn Well-Known Member

make sure the bike is in neutral and the clutch switch and diode are working.