1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ST Stands

Discussion in 'General' started by rogers1323, Oct 11, 2006.

1. rogers1323

rogers1323 Well-Known Member

I know some of you guys are using the ST stands in your trailers. How do you like them? Have you had any trouble with your bike/s moving around? Do you do anything to hold the front of the bike still, or will its weight keep it from moving around? Have you solid mounted the stand, or does it stay in place pretty well just with the mounting brackets that they come with?

And now for the final, and most important question. I'm poor like most club racers, so is there anywhere you can get them for a discount? So far the only places I've found them were the company's website and Kneedraggers.com. Any other ideas or connections? Thanks guys.

2. gixxersmitty

gixxersmitty Well-Known Member

Somebody here a while back had a group buy going on. It fell through because there wasnt enough interest. That was about the cheapest that I had ever seen and it was still close to $200 if I remember correctly.

3. brassballs1979

brassballs1979 Well-Known Member

I have seen some home made version out there that use angle iron, some all thread, and PVC pipe as spacers.

4. trussdude

trussdude Well-Known Member

I have been using the ST stands for over a year. They are great. There is no need to use tie downs anywhere on the bike. You can also put the bikes closer together or walk in between them. The mounting plates that come with them is all you need. They are quick relaese and can be mounted in another trailer quickly.

5. Eric_77

Eric_77 Well-Known Member

Use one and been using it for going on 3 years. As mentioned you can put the bikes inches apart the stand locks the bike from moving side to side and the suspension is free to move on the bike so you do not twist forks/ triples from torquing the tie downs too tight.

I must admit I am a friend of Troy's and have helped him build them; the cost of machining and time he spends on them is seen in the final product, which is excellent.

6. Harp

Harp Well-Known Member

Nice product. I've been using one this season in my trailer. The only bad part is that it is awkward to mount the bike by yourself. If, like me, you want the bike facing forward in the trailer, you need to 1) unmount the stand from the floor; 2) roll the bike in and stabilize it somehow (e.g. lean on wall); 3) mount the stand to the floor; and then 4) mount the bike to the stand.

I tried it with the stand in the front of the trailer and the bike facing toward the back, but I didn't like rolling the bike into the trailer backwards...by myself.

7. SBK

SBK Misanthropic Anthropoid

Anybody have a link handy?

8. gixxerfever

gixxerfever Well-Known Member

ststands.com...

9. rogers1323

rogers1323 Well-Known Member

Ok, so can dealerships or distributors get these at any sort of discount? I have some sponsorship through a dealership, but I can't tell if they distribute anything other than directly from the company. And for full price. Just trying to save as much money as possible, especially since I need at least 2, maybe 3 of them.