1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

St. Maarten, St. Kitts, St. Lucia

Discussion in 'General' started by paistes5, Aug 11, 2010.

1. paistes5

paistes5 Well-Known Member

I'm heading on a cruise in a couple months and these are the islands that we are stopping at. Looking at info on the islands themselves and any must sees or must don'ts.

I'm not doing the ship shore excursion stuff this time so I'm pretty open and don't really need to debate that. Yes, I know the ship can leave without me.

I'm just trying to figure out what's cool and what's overrated.

2. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

St maarten had a cool lil beach with some nice bars and stuff near where you get off the boat. Pick up a nice watch, some booze and maybe a bit o ganja. Not much else to see there from what i remember.

3. LabRat

LabRat Well-Known Member

you know what port/where in St Lucia?

4. paistes5

paistes5 Well-Known Member

I don't know what port in St. Lucia. I'll be on a Carnival boat, that might help if anybody knows.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

We did one of the tours of St Lucia - it was pretty cool. St Maarten is cool for just walking around shopping and hanging on the beach

6. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

My wife was born in Nevis, its under the same government as St. Kitts. Alexander Hamilton and Cicely Tyson were born there. My father-in-law has a house there.

Maybe the sugar plantations but in my opinion there all the same, I hate to say it.

Take a trip up in the mountains where monkeys run wild and wreak havoc on the sow birds' homes there.

Well maybe for the exception of Barbados - they have flying fish, hmmmm good.

Enjoy

7. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

St Maarten has an airport that commericial planes land right over the beach. It was on the 10 most shocking airports.

It also has 2 countries, a french side and dutch side.

Dont let them sell you you any time shares there

8. LabRat

LabRat Well-Known Member

there is a kickass beach between the Pitons in St Lucia, but depending on where you pull into it might be too hard/long to get there. Was on a small boat so we took a launch over

I heard that the Consol tour was a good, but our schedule did not work to take it. Lots of the cabs will take you for a tour, heard they were the best.

Make sure when youare down there you make sure you get pricing before you get in a cab, and make sure that you get quoted what currency! They use USD and $EC almost interchangeably. The EC$ is like 2.65:1USD. Have heard of people getting scammed, "no problems that is only $40" when you go to pay he demands $40 in USD not $EC

9. Huey130

Huey130 Chief wrench thrower

Dude that's awesome. I used to know the head barrister there. We landed there in a 130 after a hurricane with a bunch of school books and relief supplies. Got a tour of the island. He gave us a case of white rum... Ummmm does she gots a hook up?!?!?!?