1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Springer for Senate

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Richard Lesher, Jul 14, 2003.

1. Richard Lesher

Richard Lesher Well-Known Member

2. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

I kinda like him. Yeah, his show is stupid but he has always said he is just giving people what they want to see. He is just the front man. He was a mayor or something before the show. When he was infront of some hearing, he held his own very well, IMO. His moral at the end of the show is usually spot on the mark.

Hey, if J. Ventura can get elected then ...

David

3. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

Of couse, it's an easy decision for me as I'm from Texas....

David

4. wera176

wera176 Well-Known Member

He was Mayor of Cincinnati... They have a thing for former news people, the present mayor was a news anchor as was Springer before becoming mayor. I can't recall much about his term in office, that was pre-strong mayor and he wasn't the guy from the Jerry Springer show yet...

One thing I did like about J. Ventura is that when picking his staff, he could get the folks that he felt were best for the job, irregardless ( :Poke: ) of their political party...

5. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Actually if you have ever had the opportunity to hear Springer in a serious situation discussing politics you would probably be surprised. He is very intelligent and well versed in today's politics. I was impressed with his ability to discuss politics and he can actually see both sides of an issue.

6. WERA29

WERA29 On a mental field trip...

And his closing comments on his TV show are pretty insightful too. ;)

7. ZebProctor1

ZebProctor1 Well-Known Member

so we're going to have the terminator in cali and springer in ohio???? what next, jim carrey in congress, now THAT would be funny....

8. TNT184

TNT184 Guest

Jerrrrr-rrry Jerrrr-rrry JErrrr-rry.

I enjoy the show but recognize that the man has a serious intellect. I am convinced he could hold his own on political commentary live Phil Donohue or others. His appeal to 18-30 year olds may help push him over the top.

Worked for Jessy the body....

9. TreyBone

TreyBone Member

Oh well, looks like it's back to talk shows:(

10. z420z

z420z Well-Known Member

Don't forget, he was an excellent lawyer in Cincinnati before becoming mayor.

Jeff

11. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

And don't forget that the human star of "Bedtime for Bonzo" was a president once or twice.