1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SportbikeTrackGear.com is hiring...

Discussion in 'General' started by Brian Van, Oct 10, 2011.

1. Brian Van

Brian Van Track Gear Retailer

STG is looking for a few new Team Members.
    We are located at 56844 Mound Road in Shelby MI 48316.

The positions we are looking to fill at this time are Sales Associates. It is critical to our business that our Associates have real passion for bikes and riding blended with a strong work ethic. Please find a short list of job qualifications below:
    1. You have to be a motorcycle rider, no exceptions on this one.
    2. A respectable level of mechanical knowledge is important.
    3. Solid verbal and written communication skills a must.
    4. Basic computer skills a must (email, Microsoft Office etc...).
    5. Ability to learn the order management software.
    6. Available for a full time work schedule at our Shelby MI location noted above.
    7. Honest, reliable and hard working are all a must.

Now on to the good stuff, what we have to offer as an employer:
    The work environment here is serious but we manage to have a good time doing what we do day in and day out. We have a great group of people here, most of which have been here a long time now.

For those that race with Wera or AMA we make a habit of helping our staff do just that. If you prefer track days we have an excellent relationship with SportbikeTrackTime our Track Day Partner that creates riding opportunities.

The pay is good and the perks we have to offer here will offset ones riding expenses in a very positive manner. The level of pay really depends upon the person and how productive they are. If you kick ass and make the riders you deal with happy then we will make you happy when you get your check!

Anyone interested please contact me directly:
    [email protected]
    888.784.4327 ext#201

Brian Van

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

If it only could be remote from ATL :D

3. G8rDuc

G8rDuc N00B

I know several sales people that work remotely from home when it comes to mail/web order...brick and mortar is a thing of the past..

Unless they have to be on the sales floor, then only Star Trek could make that happen :)

4. BrianC636

BrianC636 Well-Known Member

Or Missouri.... Dare to dream I guess.....

5. Brian Van

In order to be effective I need to have the team in the building working. Working off site makes attending the weekly team meetings impossible, this is pretty important. If you work off site it would make having real product knowledge very difficult.

6. novice201

novice201 "I'm a robot chicken!"

No northeast locations? ;)
    Really is too bad, always wanted to be part of the sport. Good on you for posting it here.

7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

NICE! :up:

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Totally understandable.

9. Spyderchick

Spyderchick Leather Goddess

Smart ass answer: Go To Meeting would work. Mongo would probably want a Yuengling and BBQ allowance though. :D

Good luck with the hunt. I've always appreciated your support of the race and track day community.

10. BrianC636

BrianC636 Well-Known Member

We use GTM all the time....works pretty well even for training people on new software.

11. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Or even Texas!

12. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Is there a Transporter large enough for The Mongo?

:D

13. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Didn't they just commission the USS Ronald Reagan?

14. Racer45

Racer45 old guy just tryin'

I have seen Yuenling in the fridge in back!!! And if you are not there Van can't shoot you with a potatoe canon (not that he has one) :D

15. Brian Van

All the team needs to be able to handle the gear, try it on etc... Without that ability they would be unable to answer questions accurately. We are not your traditional Ecom business. I will add the showroom business has grown to a pretty solid amount, more than I would have ever imagined. Had a dude in here today from Ohio that drove 4 hours. Pretty cool.

16. TakeItApart

TakeItApart Oops!

If only it wasn't so cold in Michigan!

Ps. Is this a commisioned sales position?:D

17. Brian Van

There is a bonus program with an hourly portion as well. Overtime is pretty common and that is 1 1/2 times the normal hourly rate.

18. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

On my preferred vendor list. Hire a girl so I can flirt with her next time I call for something.;)

19. J Bart

J Bart Fat Kid Track Days

Well if the job is still open in Jun 12 when I retire from the AF.......I'd relocate from VA to Michigan......:D

20. Bandit730

Bandit730 Racing neophyte

You forgot the almighty pie incentive also. :Poke: :D