1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spies testing R1 WSBK?

Discussion in 'General' started by white79bu, Oct 30, 2008.

1. white79bu

white79bu Well-Known Member

Has anyone heard if Spies is going to do any testing before the end of the year? I haven't heard anything about him since he signed the contract with yamaha. The suspence is killing me.

2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Monday.

3. Rocketmann#67

Rocketmann#67 Well-Known Member

didn't the anouncers at the last Moto GP race say something about the possibility of Ben getting Colins Moto GP ride and Colin getting the WSB yamaha ride. or something like that.. thought that's what I heard, but I could be wrong, and I was just dreaming..

4. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

I think the announcers said the rumor was dead. That was actually the first I'd heard of it but I guess it was in circulation in Europe. Interesting idea though.

5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

It wasn't just a rumor.

6. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

Dont leave us with that you bastige!

7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Well, they (Yamaha) seriously looked into making it happen. They really believe in Ben and are committed to him. And Herve Poncharal has said publicly that he wasn't very unhappy with Edward's performance during the second third of the season. He said last week that he was much more satisfied with the end of the season but that the midseason drop in performance had really upset him.

The swap was just too complicated from a contractual standpoint. That's just my Internet opinion and does not represent anyone else's. :D

8. svtinker

svtinker Well-Known Member

A move like that would piss colin off enough to win another title.:up:

9. Cawk Star

Cawk Star Well-Known Member

If I was Yamaha, I would have put Colin on the new R1 to team with Sykes. They'll need some experience building that bike. Then I'd have put Ben on the Tech 3 bike and would have a constant top 5 rider that would be helping push under achieving James Toseland. I believe WSBK or SBK whatever the hell its name is now, is back to garnering the respect it had pre-2004 so it wouldn't be a knock to Colin who's basically riding for paychecks now anyways.

10. orgsxrracer

orgsxrracer Well-Known Member

11. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

I was wondering if House would go with Ben. Those two work really well together. I'm glad that worked out. :up:

12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

It wasn't their decision to make, he has a contract. And he allegedly has no interest in going back to SBK, he'd rather go back to America than do that from what I've heard.

13. Cawk Star

Colin has a contract, I know that's the point nothing but rumors ever existed. I said if I was Yamaha. I like Colin, but I don't see him as being able to win a GP anymore. I'd have thrown the $ at Spies if I was Herve.

14. Sig

Sig Well-Known Member

15. caferace

caferace No.

Bridgestone taking the single make tire contract didn't help Tech 3 out any...

-jim

16. HPPT

HPPT !!!

And I am trying to tell you that you could not have done it. Yamaha is Yamaha, and they couldn't do it.

Your only option would have been to fire him if he didn't want to go.

17. Cawk Star

exactly.

18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

If you fire him, it's not a swap. He wouldn't be going to world superbike.