1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SPEEDtv "Superbikes"

Discussion in 'General' started by Dave K, Jun 23, 2006.

1. Teacher

Teacher LWT #624

Mine:

"I was thouroughly dissapointed and outraged by your premier show of "Superbikes." One of the biggest challenges I have tried to overcome as an avid motorcyclist has been the negative reputation that sportbikers have in the community. When people see that I ride a sportbike, the first thing that they usually bring up is the reckless riding/stunting in traffic that they see. While I have been doing a lot to try to overcome that negative image, your show, "Superbikes" only reinforces those negative feelings towards us. The disclaimers you put in the show were completely overlooked by the riders in your show when they started stunting in the middle of city traffic. I love motorcycle programming. I hate motorcycle programming that is going to further tarnish our already damaged image. Programming like this will only encourage this type of riding which will, of course, increase the number of motorcycle related deaths. Is that what you want on your hands? "SpeedTV is responsible for a sudden and drastic increase in motorcycle related fatalities due to the encouragement of non-safe riding practices on public roads." That should go over extremely well with your sponsors."

2. ufgo

ufgo Member

Took the words right out of my mouth. "negative reputation that sportbikers have in the community" totally right there.

Super Bikes SUPER SUCKS

3. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

The "stunterzzzzzzzzzzzz" at StuntLife love the show. Here's a quote:
    "Super Bikes = awesome. On the positive side, a network is now covering the sport. people are starting to catch on. The show was enteraining, i thought. Let me kno what u all think"

Also my personal favorite, the racer bash:
    "YOU KNOW WHAT? **** THEM AND **** THE RACERS TOO!

Congrats for the show"

Full thread here, not much except a post by Jason Britton. Probably have to register.

4. gixxermike99

gixxermike99 Baba Booey

What a crap show.

5. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

I couldn't stop laughing during it. The funniest part for me was the motorcycle "shop/bar/tatoo parlor" bit, where their engine "shop" consisted of putting nitrous on a bike. That was hilarious.

:D

6. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

I had to throw in my two cents. I suggest you do the same. :D

7. laohu69

laohu69 Well-Known Member

I received a call from 1800motorcycle.net concerning my email. They apologized for having comercila on during the show and told me that was not the image that they or their firm desired to portray and that they were pulling all their advertising from the time slots that coincide with the show "superbikes".
    It actually surprised me that they took the time to call me personally.:eek:
    :up: :up: .....for them taking the image portrayed of motorcyclists seriously and doing the right thing..... :up: :up:

8. Glenn Foster

Glenn Foster Well-Known Member

Anybody seen a public response from the AMA yet?

I would think the AMA and motorcycle insurance companies would come down negatively on a show that glorifies resckless street behavior.

9. MrOgle

MrOgle I love college!

Bottles are for babies. :stupid:

10. MilleArp

MilleArp Microbrew Snob

:crackup:

that's funny right there....

11. MilleArp

MilleArp Microbrew Snob

I wrote similar verbiage to ASSCAR TV as well.

While I appreciate a well-performed stunt as much as the next person, I fear this "program" will cause as much damage to the sportbiker image/rep as the Hollister(sp) picture did in Life a few decades ago....

:down:

Now..... can I have my half-hour back?

12. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

Were they blowing smoke? That remains to be seen but at least you got some action. :up:

13. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

No kidding...couple of lame "racers suck" posts and that's about it.

A stunta can **** me when he can catch me.
    :D

14. LordMDP

LordMDP ... ... ... ....

+1:bow:

15. TWISTED METAL

TWISTED METAL wanna be track owner

i asked speedtv for the job when this host gets canned cuz right now the show is wack...2wtues needed a lil help but this show is crap...

16. zx636skiv

zx636skiv avatar wizard

I hope this isn't the most mature thing that you have ever done. If you don't like someone, do you really need to go to their home and flame them??

If you don't like the show, do what I did and make suggestions to Speed on how to make it better. If it is just about the stunt riding (street or otherwise), then don't watch it. I understand that you love to eat, sleep, and breath racing, well to these guys, stunt riding is the same. Now I realize I will get flamed all to hell for my comments, but at least I will try to get my thoughts across in a mature manner.

I enjoy stunting and have even built a bike specifically for the sport. I don't stunt on the street and don't appreciate those who do. It makes all sportriders look bad as a whole. I would like to see the show improve by taking the stunting to private lots and competitions.

When stunting is done right, it is a beautiful thing and takes just as much training and skill as racing or any other sport. The pros in this sport practice more often than most racers I know. Most racers hit track days 2-3 times a month, while stunt riders will practice 3-5 times per week. Like racers, the vast majority will have to prepare their bikes themselve and will put whatever time and money they have into improving their skills. I know that there are some stunt riders who have the whole FTP additude and love to go against the grain, but that is changing as the sport trys to go legit. I hope that shows like this will make the sport more widely known and maybe even better accepted. Of course with the present format I doubt that it will help the general public's view on stuntriding.

I think that if Speed concentrated on interviewing aftermarket companies and custom bike shop, plus showing event footage; that this could be a good show. Yes, Speed needs to have another show for the race oriented crowd, of which I would be watching that one as well. I like all aspects of motorcycling with maybe the exception of the drunken harley guys at Daytona and such...that I could do without. And no, the Black Rats, or whoever, were no better than the HD crowd is usually portrayed.

I suggest you go to the Speed Forums and voice your suggestions. As you will see, there are a lot of people who don't like Superbikes! in it's present for, but fortunatly there is a chance that it could improve. You could also make suggestions for new shows you would like to see.

17. Putter

Hey dude, I like stuntaZ. Lighten up. I was bored. :D

18. zx636skiv

zx636skiv avatar wizard

I am a member of several board...good old cycle forums, a couple stunt riding boards, drag racing, car and truck forums, and even a cop forum. Just getting tired of the childish behaviors between them all. Everytime one group bashes someone from a different group, it becomes an all out war...and it's BS.

I really don't understand the animosity between the racers and the stunters though...we are all on sportbikes, just use them in a different manner...and both forms of riding take way more skill than I will probably ever have. I can't afford to race or participate in track days since my wallet won't handle it, so I stunt or dragrace....

can't we all just get along!!??

19. Putter

Hey Mr. Motorcyclist...................read the post I responded to.

Then get back to me.

I'll wait.

20. zx636skiv

zx636skiv avatar wizard

which one? I have 3 forums open here....