1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Speed Limit on Autobahn due to climate change

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by BigBird, Feb 19, 2019.

1. BigBird

BigBird blah

2. Phl218

Phl218 .

that and the fine diesel particle crap ....
    germany as a whole is prolly doing better in a year than Shanghai in a day.

get outta here (which was hat i did)

BigBird and K51000 like this.
  3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

German's love their autobahns but they love their black forest and their trees more.

and it's not like you can actually go balls out much anymore on the autobahn. Some sections, once in awhile. The rest of the time you're lucky to hit 130 kph. Eastern euro trucks, some f@ckstick in his Skoda cock blocking you, weather restrictions.
    It ain't all that anymore.

4. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

The only time I got to drive on the Autobahn I was driving a 1981 Scirocco, all 78 hp of it. It was god damn terrifying.

SpeedyE and Phl218 like this.
  5. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Yay. More government meddling. And for dubious gains...

It will be a sad day when the Autobahn has a lower speed limit than the toll road I take to the airport...

6. K51000

K51000 Well-Known Member

Slow down that one highway- yea, that'll save the planet.

7. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Dave to the K is right. Its just traffic interrupted by short blasts of fun nowadays. On occasion you can find an open stretch out in the middle of nowhere but I usually land on a Sunday morning and even then there is enough traffic that you ain't going flat out from point A to point B like you used to. They could make the limit 120 kph and I doubt average travel times would change much.

8. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

It's not one highway, it's quite a few.

9. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

Yep, most of it is 130 kmh (80mph) and if no traffic you can cruise little over. No need to go any faster even if they lower it to 120.

10. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

My Grandparents ordered a VW Super Beetle from the factory and picked it up there. Then spent 3 weeks driving around Europe. My Grandpa said cars would pass him like he was parked sometimes :crackup:

Phl218 and rd400racer like this.
  11. Phl218

Phl218 .

nothing better than blasting up the A81 on a late Sunday afternoon and having swiss Lambos and Ferraris stretching their legs there.
    on our way back from Italy, we just left Switzerland and finally gotten into the unrestricted zome around Hegau... We were doing ~225 in my dad's A4 2.0T (5 people and luggage, on winter tires) and i said, we've seen them all during the trip, Ferraris, AMG GT, 918's , only thing missing was a Lambo. sure thing, 10 minutes later, i see bright headlights in the mirrors and in an instant, they were right there. Rolled down the windows a bit, to get the full V10 (or 12) glory for a brief moment...

Potts N Pans, cpettit and rd400racer like this.
  12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

13. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

My last drive up to Munich I was expecting Porsches and such to rule the road. Nope, Audi A6 Diesels were running down and eating the porsches, MBs and BMWs.

Weird seeing an A6 Avant run down and flash its lights at a 911. Weirder still to hear it.

14. Phl218

Phl218 .

those chipped 3.0L diesels run quite well.