1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spark Plug Wires

Discussion in 'General' started by RAPTOR10, Jun 26, 2002.

1. RAPTOR10

RAPTOR10 A Predator Near you......

Does anybody have any experience with Nology Hot wires? Good, Bad, Ugly?

I need a new set on my 7R, the stock ones are wasted. They keep coming out of the boots. I just got some Nology coils so I thought I should go ahead and get some wires. I saw them in LP, and I haven't really looked anywhere else since Aaron and Eric always take care of me.

Any advice? Thanks in advance,

Travis

Hi Papa if your reading this(hope you or the misses is) Hope you are gettin better..............

2. RAPTOR10

anybody? Tex?

bump

3. RAPTOR10

ahhhhh come on, somebody's got to know something about plug wires................

4. Litespeed

Litespeed Rocket Scientist

I have only knowledge of them in Buick grand nationals and motocross bikes. They seemed to wreak havic on the computer in the Buick's but that was when they first came out....aka a long long time ago. I heard rumors that most top supercross/motocross teams use them and know a few local racers used them with what they claimed were great results. The little demo setup showed a huge spark compared to stock but I'm still not convinced that a huge spark is neccessarily better than a standard spark. So basically I don't think they can hurt and the price would be the only thing that holds me back...

5. RAPTOR10

Thanks Litespeed, I also thought about goin down to the local parts store and buying some 7mm solid core copper plug wires and makin them up myself.

The only thing is with the boots, do I just push them into the boots or do I twist them in? The have a screw on the inside of the boot.

Thanks in advance,

Travis

6. Tex

Tex Well-Known Member

Take off the old wires..hold them in your left hand.

Replace everything that isn't in your left hand with something made this decade:D:p

7. RAPTOR10

That's just wrong. I hate you, you know that. hahahaha :)

8. Dan Montgomery

Dan Montgomery Well-Known Member

You can make some plug wires for that ole Kaw out of some old welding cable. You should be able to find some next time you go to work you slacker.:p :D Did ya get the spare?

9. RAPTOR10

Ya, I got the spare. Thanks. Welding cable huh..... I feel a little Tim Allen coming out.

ruh ruh ruh ruh ruh ruh ruh ruh........ :D