1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sons of Anarchy

Discussion in 'General' started by HPPT, Nov 6, 2009.

1. Cawk Star

Cawk Star Well-Known Member

It was good to see Jax and Clay bond after Jemma let everything out of the bag. How does this work now with Jax? The vote happened and the Nomads have accepted him, does he still have the right to refuse the transfer?

2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I thought that the next step was to submit his transfer request to the nomads. I don't think it had been done yet.

3. Cawk Star

I thought when they were all at the table, Clay mentioned that they Nomads accepted his transfer? Maybe not. Kind of bummed it's back to its regular hour timeslot:down:

4. racer212

racer212 Well-Known Member

LOL.

Hard to see bikers applying for a transfer LOL.

5. Redbird

Redbird Well-Known Member

Nomad is not another charter or branch of the club. By "going nomad" Jax would have remained a SOA member, but he would have been unaffiliated with any specific charter- on his own for the most part.

6. H8R

H8R Bansgivings in process

He said something to the Doctor chick....to paraphrase and destroy....it was I'm still a Christian but I go to a different church or several churches.

7. derby369

derby369 Well-Known Member

"church" is the club meetings.

"i'd just put more miles on my bike, go to a different church."

8. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I know, but they made it sound like there was an application process. I need to watch that again.

9. Strick

Strick Good to be king

He had to get unanimous vote to get out of his current charter.

10. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

He picked up his patches from the change/gun tray by the door as he was leaving the house. He's not going anywhere. That was rock bottom (for now). They'll team up to destroy the aryans, and either Clay will get killed in the process, step down voluntarily, or these two will have it out. Regardless, it's not going to happen any time soon. I'm not sure how long they plan on running the show, but it will definitely be longer than two seasons.

11. H8R

If they are following the story of Hamlet it's not going to end well for Jackson.

12. speeddemon828

speeddemon828 casual user

that's what I was thinking.

13. Cawk Star

At some point, I think they've got to get away from the whole Hamlet story line. I think they've proved their point here in the first two seasons. Jax is pretty much the main character and it would be stupid of them to get rid of him.

14. H8R

I'd bet that when they get away from Shakespeare that the show goes to hell.

15. EngineNoO9

EngineNoO9 Well-Known Member

I never had to read Hamlet so I'm not quite sure where it's going but I'll admit it was getting a little old when every episode just seemed like over the top drama where absolutely everything was going to shit. I suppose the last episode showed the turning of the tide thankfully.

16. H8R

I believe it was originally called "The Tragedy of Hamlet, Prince of Denmark."

that should help you to know where the play goes.

Here is the famous part of his soliloquy:

To be, or not to be, that is the question:
    Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
    The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,
    Or to take arms against a sea of troubles
    And by opposing end them. To die—to sleep,
    No more; and by a sleep to say we end
    The heart-ache and the thousand natural shocks
    That flesh is heir to

Like I said it doesn't end well.

17. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Hamlet

Synopsis

Hamlet is the son of the late King Hamlet (of Denmark), who died two months before the start of the play. After King Hamlet's death, his brother, Claudius, becomes king, and marries King Hamlet's widow, Gertrude (Queen of Denmark). Young Hamlet fears that Claudius killed his own brother (Hamlet's father) to become king of Denmark, greatly angering Hamlet. Two officers, Marcellus and Barnardo, summon Hamlet's friend Horatio, and later Hamlet himself to see the late King Hamlet's ghost appear at midnight. The ghost tells Hamlet privately that Claudius had indeed murdered King Hamlet by pouring poison in his ear. Hamlet is further enraged and plots of how to revenge his father's death.

In his anger, Hamlet seems to act like a madman, prompting King Claudius, his wife Gertrude, and his advisor Polonius to send Rosencrantz and Guildenstern to spy on Hamlet and figure out why he is acting mad. Hamlet even treats Polonius' daughter Ophelia rudely, prompting Polonius to believe Hamlet is madly in love with her, though Claudius expects otherwise. Polonius, a man who talks too long- windedly, had allowed his son Laertes to go to France (then sent Reynaldo to spy on Laertes) and had ordered Ophelia not to associate with Hamlet. Claudius, fearing Hamlet may try to kill him, sends Hamlet to England. Before leaving, however, Hamlet convinces an acting company to reenact King Hamlet's death before Claudius, in the hopes of causing Claudius to break down and admit to murdering King Hamlet. Though Claudius is enraged, he does not admit to murder. Hamlet's mother tries to reason with Hamlet after the play, while Polonius spied on them from behind a curtain. Hamlet hears Polonius, and kills him through the curtain, thinking the person is Claudius. When finding out the truth, Hamlet regrets the death, yet Claudius still sends him to England, accompanied by Rosencrantz and Guildenstern with orders from Claudius that the English kill Hamlet as soon as her arrives.

After Hamlet leaves, Laertes returns from France, enraged over Polonius' death. Ophelia reacts to her father's death with utter madness and eventually falls in a stream and drowns, further angering Laertes. En route to England, Hamlet finds the orders and changes them to order Rosencrantz and Guildenstern killed, as does occur, though Hamlet is kidnapped by pirates one day later. The pirates return Hamlet to Claudius (for a ransom), and Claudius tries one last attempt to eliminate Hamlet: he arranges a sword duel between Laertes and Hamlet. The trick, however, is that the tip of Laertes' sword is poisoned. As a backup precaution, Claudius poisons the victory cup in case Hamlet wins. During the fight, the poisoned drink is offered to Hamlet, he declines, and instead his mother, Gertrude, drinks it (to the objection of Claudius). Laertes, losing to Hamlet, illegally scratches him with the poisoned sword to ensure Hamlet's death. Hamlet (unknowingly), then switches swords with Laertes, and cuts and poisons him. The queen dies, screaming that she has been poisoned and Laertes, dying, admits of Claudius' treachery. Weakening, Hamlet fatally stabs Claudius, Laertes dies, and Hamlet begins his death speech. Though Horatio wants to commit suicide out of sorrow, Hamlet entreats him to tell the story of King Hamlet's death and Rosencrantz and Guildenstern's deaths to all. Fortinbras, the prince of Norway, arrives from conquest of England, and Hamlet's last dying wish is that Fortinbras become the new King of Denmark, as happens.

18. speeddemon828

speeddemon828 casual user

Well, it looks like Sam Cro worked out all their internal problems. Pretty good episode. Only 2 left for this season!

19. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

All and all, I think the writers did a very good job with this episode.
    Man this season went fast.

20. Cawk Star

I'm surprised Opie didn't do more damage after finding out what was going on.