1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sons of Anarchy

Discussion in 'General' started by HPPT, Nov 6, 2009.

1. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

I'm mean strong mentally. He always seemed like kind of a bitch to me. Now he's the man

2. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I know it's a make believe television drama, but I just can't get past the fact that if it were even close to reality, every one of these guys would be in prison after the first couple of episodes, five years ago. There are only about 20-25 deaths attributed to the Hell's Angels in 50 years. There are that many in a few episodes of SOA, some of them even police and federal agents.

3. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

you should have stopped there, lol

4. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I know. I find myself getting caught up in it and feel like some housewife watching Days of our Lives.

5. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

That's a fair description of yourself. :D

6. mike w

mike w Knarf's buddy

bet there were more than that in Quebec alone in the last 20 years

7. Almostryan3

Almostryan3 Well-Known Member

Just because there were only 20-25 attributed to them doesn't mean there wasn't many more? Difference in the show is you are on the inside seeing everything, Hells Angels you are on the outside seeing nothing haha. /shrugs. Love SOA can't wait for it to be back!

8. tito

tito Well-Known Member

so season 6 started last night.....anyone watch?

9. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I didn't (and don't really plan to, just kind of burned out on tv/fake reality/glorification of violence lately) but I guess it was pretty fucked up. I saw several posts on FB about being pretty low class.

10. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

The new commercial....with the faces on the brick wall, then they blow up....with all seriousness....:D:crackup::crackup:

I was rolling, sorry.....even as an HD owner and rider.

I havent watched much.

11. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

I thought it was pretty good. Yeah, they decided to include a kid taking a gun to school in the story line, but they didn't show the act.

Its an adult show, with adult themes.

12. theJrod

theJrod Well-Known Member

Low class is a good way to put it, but the show has always pushed the envelope for network tv. Got people talking though.
    I'll watch the season like I always do, but I don't have the fishhook in me like years past.

13. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I always liked the show and will probably still watch it, but last night it finally felt like I was watching nothing but pure soap opera.

I know that's what it has always been but I talked myself out of that notion because it was something different. Now it almost seems like standard fare, but I've stuck it out this long and it's the last season.

14. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

The first episode of Season 1 was pretty low class and that's what turned me off to this show. This and the baby-boomers running around on Harleys over here with their Sons of Anarchy (insert random local shithole town) chapter leather vests.

15. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Well, to put it into perspective, there was a threat of violence at a local high school Monday night. When the police went to the home of the 17 year old that made the threat, he shot himself.

Maybe just poor timing.

16. mx3TT

mx3TT Well-Known Member

I thought they signed on for two seasons? Meaning this one and next? Maybe I am remembering wrong.

Since I grew up 10 minutes away from Newtown CT, the school thing did seem out of place for me. I would rather not have had that in the episode but it is what it is. If anything, they should have just had the kid take out the gun and shown him walk in, not actually show the place getting lit up. But, it's a TV show and it's all fake, so whatever.

17. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

They might be doing it like Breaking Bad...2 mini seasons.

18. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Two more seasons makes sense. This season to kill Clay, final season to either completely unravel the club or to fix everything and live happily ever after.

19. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

Obviously, they knew that was going to happen when they filmed this episode. They even knew what week to have it premiere. Their writers are geniuses. I'll bet they paid that 17 year old kid to do it to drum up some publicity about it. You know the saying about "any publicity".

20. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

Sheik Abdul ben Falafel Well-Known Member

I would make an awesome super villain on that show.