1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Son was arrested today.

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Sideshow, Nov 14, 2013.

1. Sideshow

Sideshow Free reach around expert.

One of my biggest fears happened today. My 18 year old son was arrested this morning walking home from school. Honestly I depressed as all hell and angry .

His story.

He was walking home and had a green hand at a crosswalk. A truck turning came at him. He froze and the trucks mirror hit him. The truck kept going . He made it 3 blocks down the road and the truck pulls in front of him. Driver gets out and pushes him . Cops roll up on the scene.

Officers arrest paper.

Driver was driving down the road and the kid hit his mirror and broke it with a closed fist. Passenger of the vehicle was a witness .

I am a parent that always looks at my son as guilty , but on this one I think he isn't fibbing . If he punched a moving vehicle in the mirror with a fist and broke it wouldn't he have some kind of scratch or cut ?

He has a bruise on his shoulder blade where he claims he was hit.

I had his mom take him to the hospital to get him looked at. He has a contusion and bruising in his shoulder is there findings.

I called the PD for info to get the other party's insurance. Arresting cop calls me and tells me there wasn't a car accident and no . I tell him that it's two separate stories and it involved an injury so I needed the info. He again tells me no .The driver and witness provided the same story and that was enough to arrest him and if my son needs to go to the hospital that he is 18 and a grown man and that he shouldn't have touched the truck.

I asked him if my kid punched the moving vehicle hard enough to dismount a mirror on a truck then why was there no evidence on his fist. I also asked if he looked at his bruised shoulder.

Officers response was I didn't need to look at his shoulder due to there being 2 witnesses . I didn't need to look at his fists either

Total A hole , but nothing new to me when dealing with cops .

Estimated damage on the cops arrest sheet . $ 200.00

He was booked then released. Work is real slow and funds are super tight. Now I have to get an attorney. This is so depressing.

I posted on here to vent . Plus I don't like posting personal crap on social networks .

2. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

Well the guy pushed him, that right there is assault. He can press charges against the guy also. Make sure to have pics of the bruises on his shoulder and his hands showing none.

3. Sideshow

I asked the cop about the guy pushing . Witness said it didn't happen so it wasn't noted .

4. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

His first arrest and it will get thrown out. You should be happy. Now he'll be a hardened man.

5. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

Thats real policing right there....Two collaborating witnesses who know each other backed their stories up and screwed a kid over.

Hes learned who the real good guys are and how the system works.

That truck a business? Call and talk to the owners.

6. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Better yet, if it was a heavy truck (over 10k GVWR) call the State Police Commercial Vehicle Enforcement.

7. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

The cop has a boss. Talk to his boss.

8. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

what was the charge?

9. Peanut37

Peanut37 Peanut

Take him to The Peoples Court!

10. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

Find your local personal injury lawyer - the one who advertises on TV 37 times a day. Sue for damages in civil court - sue the driver and the company he owns/works for. PI attorneys don't take any $$ until a settlement is reached.

The arrest is likely to go away, but talk to the public defender's office anyways. Keep excellent records of his medical bills, and copies of everything in triplicate. Pictures of his shoulder, and see if you can get the ER doc to give the impression that your son got hit, and that the doc noticed no evidence consistent with your son punching a mirror.

Your justice, (un)fortunately, may lie in civil court with this. But I'd wait until after the criminal court works itself through.

11. Sideshow

criminal mischief was the charge. The truck was a lawn care truck. Kid said he was scared and didn't get the name.

Police officer would not give me any info on the company or insurance.

Boeredandstroked . Yes it might get thrown out , but sadly in today's society a lot of jobs could hold the arrest against him for future employment.

We just had a job that a coworker wasn't aloud on because he has the exact same charge from 5 years ago. Charges were dropped by the state because the motel didn't care. The cop did though . Drunk coworker fell and knocked out a window in a hotel. He apologized and offered to pay on the spot. Hotel was cool about it and told the cops they didn't want to press charges. Cops felt differently .

Seeing this happening to a coworker for something so petty worries me about my sons future .

12. R Acree

R Acree Banned

At the very least have a good medical exam and specifically note where he is injured and where he isn't. Pics of bruises and uninjured hands. Have a date on the picture. Might prove helpful.

13. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

First, get pics of the shoulder, pics of both fists... pic of shoulders and fists with the front page of today's local newspaper in the photo (the old newspaper trick works better than the date-stamp feature of the camera. Those can be manipulated.)

Then go out and scan the area where the incident occurred for security cameras. Those damn things are everywhere now. If one looks like it may be trained on the area where this happened, politely request to have a recording. Be quick about this, because a lot of times, these aren't archived for long.

14. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I shoulda been a lawyer.

15. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Isn't one wife who hates you enough? :crackup:

16. Sideshow

doc paper .

[​IMG]

17. Bad Dog

Bad Dog Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear.

That cop is so full of win its not funny, :crackhead:

I am not a lawyer but know enough that anyone who knows the driver can't be a witness, its conflict of interest.

I hope you guys sue his ass off and win.

18. Sideshow

19. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Sounds like a lot of information is missing from the police report.
    Why would it not have the name of the supposedly aggrieved party?
    And why would it not note your son's side of the story?
    What he tells the cop should be noted, regardless of whether or not the cop thinks it's true.
    I'm assuming the cop witnessed none of this, so both party's claims are relevant.
    It wouldn't surprise me if the cop has some connection to the company or the guys in the truck.

20. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

That discharge note from the ER is/looks like a standardized form. I'd push for a descriptive note from the doc who saw him specifically relating to the questions at hand.