1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Solo20's at VIR Jam?

Discussion in 'General' started by KevinVanceSalemVA, Apr 29, 2004.

1. KevinVanceSalemVA

KevinVanceSalemVA Crazy Longhair Racin SOB

I am guessing there are no Solo's at the VIR Cycle Jam. :( Anyone know for sure??? I have to mail my entry NOW!
    Thanks

2. slow rider

slow rider Well-Known Member

No solo's.

Practice Thurs.
    Endurance Fri.
    Regional Sprints Sat.
    National Sprints Sun. The last two days may be mixed.

3. KevinVanceSalemVA

10-4
    thnx:up:

4. nikponcherello

nikponcherello EX #688

VIR schedule

Is there a complete schedule for VIR somewhere? Am I just not seeing it?
    How/when will we know if there are regional races on Sunday or not?

5. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

Thursday - Practice
    Friday - Endurance
    Saturday- Regional Sprints
    Sunday - National Sprints

6. KevinVanceSalemVA

Re: VIR schedule

Don't think the schedule is posted yet.
    COME ON gals!:Poke:

7. nikponcherello

nikponcherello EX #688

thanks

Thanks Paige.

This is a legitimate question, and quite honestly not cynical comment:

In order to know the race schedules on non-standard events (cycle Jam, Mid-Ohio maybe, GNF, combined weekends) basically anthing that may not follow the standard Solo 20 Saturday then Sprint Sunday schedule, are we expected to post something here and find it word of mouth as I have or is there a better way?
    I appreciate your answer, thanks really, but is there a place I could have found it to have helped myself so you don't have to answer this question 100 times?

With the endurace race on Friday and no regional sprints on Sunday, this effects my vacation time. Instead of taking Monday off for travel, I can do it on Sunday. But instead of taking Friday off, I'll have to take Thursday off. I have to get my vacation approved (like most people) at least a couple weeks in advance and we also have to get registration in a couple weeks in advance. So I have to first confirm vacation, then send in registration. In the future, if the schedule is known already it'd be great if it were posted somewhere when it is known. This honestly isn't a complaint, it's a suggestion. Or a suggestion to point idiots like myself to the place where we can find this info as soon as it's available, 'cause I can never seem to remember this kind of stuff.

Regards,
    Nik

8. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

Re: thanks

Well, if Mongo would get off his lazy butt and post it then I would tell you where it is. :D ;)

I know the schedule because I have been to the Cycle Jam for the past 2 years as an official and I will be working again this year.

Normally, the schedules are posted here http://www.wera.com/pages/schedule.htm and are sometimes posted before pre-entry has ended.

Cycle Jam is the only weekend besides GNF where the regional sprints are any day but Sunday.

9. CUDA

CUDA Well-Known Member

If you really wanna run a longer race run the endurance on Friday. If you need another rider let me know. :)

10. nikponcherello

nikponcherello EX #688

endurance

CUDA, thanks for the offer! But I'm probably already running the endurance race on an old, heavy, basically stock, pig of a ZX-6 with my Carney Racing team.

Paige,
    Mid-Ohio will have regional races right? Or is it only National, because the dates don't even include a Sunday?

11. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

Re: endurance

Nik, I have no idea. I'm guessing that as soon as Mongo gets that schedule from the AMA it will be posted.

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Re: endurance

Look at the yearly schedule. It's listed in as a Sportsman race in the Northeast and North Central regions, hence it's not a National. The Endurance race will be a one off regional Endurance for fun and trophies and we're trying for some contingency.

It's exactly as it's listed on the yearly schedule, no more no less.