1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So who's going to the Vintage Festival?

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by 70yamahaR5, Oct 2, 2013.

1. 70yamahaR5

70yamahaR5 Well-Known Member

Who's going and are you racing?

I'm spectating and shopping the swap meet Fr and Sat.

2. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

I will be there Sunday then sticking around for the Triumph event Mon-Tues

3. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Next year i hope. Will be on a SV though. No vintage vintage.

4. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

I'm doin same as you Rick....but I'll be there sunday for awhile.

5. 70yamahaR5

Cool, Charlie, hope to see you there.

6. SUPER K

SUPER K Run-off Tester

Have fun out there. Went last year for the first time and had a blast .

7. VintageRacerRoy

VintageRacerRoy Well-Known Member

Heading over Wednesday evening to get set up. Racing Sportsman 750 and Class C Handshift. Practice on Thursday and take in the sights on Friday. Rick, come visit in the pits and check out the XS and swap Coast Guard stories.

8. bogganman

bogganman Well-Known Member

I plan to be there.Running open 2stroke and formula vintage on the rz350,and middleweight vintage superbike on the yoshimuta gs550. Then Daytona as this is prolly the last year.... Keith

9. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Charlie, stop by the KWC chaps, I need to pick your brains.

10. 70yamahaR5

Cool deal. Another Coastie? PM sent, hope to see you (and the bikes) there.

11. 70yamahaR5

Keith, I'd like to meet you, too, if possible. I remember seeing both your RZ and GS at Barber...I think it was WERA last May (?), next to Mark B's pit. Cool bikes. Sorry to hear this may be your last year.

12. Hate McDead

Hate McDead Well-Known Member

Don't do it, Charlie. Robin172 is just trying to come up with more ideas in his continuing quest to bump me off the track. I'll be there but I'm goin to try to find a means to defend myself. IMG2580-L.jpg Not to bring up bad memories but here is the decisive moment just before Robin172 tried to punt me off the planet. Don't be mislead by his affable, gentlemanly manner.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2013
  13. Hate McDead

Hate McDead Well-Known Member

I s'pose this means that you and the Rutherford will be using my spares like public grazing land? I appreciate the heads up; now I can change the locks on my trailer.

By the way, do you know an old Coast Guard friend of mine by the name of Will Swan?

14. 70yamahaR5

Great pic.

Connie and I had the privilege of meeting and pitting next to Robin two VFs ago. Great guy, class act all the way, and very cool Duc. Hope to see him, too.

Mr. McDead, you've been a big help with motor rebuild advice here and I hope to meet you as well.

Safe travels to all!

15. bogganman

bogganman Well-Known Member

Not MY last year. Ahrma's last year at Daytona. Hell, I'm planning a full frontal assault on several WERA vintage classes in 2014. :clap: Got at least 2 new bikes in the works: A 750 barreled tz373 for formula 500, an rd350 for v2 and,quite possibly, The dreaded DS7,of which so much speculation and consternation has already occurred. Charles. Just for a gp class or 2! I've recruited a 250 gp AMA pro to ride it, and a rocket scientist to build it. Muhahahahah. The Tallahassee Troglodytes are mustering as we speak....

16. promod

promod Well-Known Member

u-know rick--I mite go to vf mite be the place for me,, they don't race at RRR do they !!!!!!! got an old duc and triumph and a 750 yam for there new modern class...hummm...what thinkest thou..?????gonna miss mongo,, kinda liked that guy..oh well.................seeyaaa steve.............

17. VintageRacerRoy

VintageRacerRoy Well-Known Member

Mr. McDead,

I was at a significant disadvantage during the RA event. Spares were limited without my pretty well equipped rig. Although there may be a remote possibility I will have to raid the Guinness headquarters, be sure to effect pay back in my well stocked pit. Bottom row, way right. Will Swan does not sound familiar. See you next week.

Roy

18. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

Utto....am I in deep shit? Being summoned to the KWC is like having the mob boss invite you over for dinner, and oh yeah, a chat. :wow: ....I'll bring Chapman as my bodygaurd....funny part is, he'd hold me down for a beer!...The friends I have I'll tell ya.:D

Looking forward to seeing ya Robin, I will do that sir......I've been wanting to chat with you as well......I hope Ol Waynes hand is better and he's racin.

That looks like some good clean racin Hate....you guys goin at it like Marquez and Pedrosa....who clipped whose speed sensor?:rolleyes:....I may have to come pester you too....I wanna get a look at your bike that I've heard so much about......public grazing land ....and those 2 can graze!!!!;):crackup:

Hey Keith, what did you do, hit the lottery or something?

See ya there gents.:up:

Last edited: Oct 3, 2013
  19. Moore007

Moore007 Well-Known Member

I'm racin', my throttle hand's O.K. .
    Glad to hear all you guys are going to join in the fun.:)

20. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

You see that dark patch of track surface between me (the white bike) and the grass?, well, almost at the instant that photo was taken, the (not so) good Dr. decided he wanted to be on it.......