1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So where's the Danny Eslick thread?

Discussion in 'General' started by noles19, Jul 5, 2020.

1. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

LOL yup, that's the one. I literally laughed out loud when it happened on live TV and it still makes me smile now thinking of it. I like the dude's gumption.

stk0308 and turbulence like this.
  2. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

damn, sorry to hear. :(

3. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

That would warrant possibly more severe charges, thus a longer sentence. :rtfrb:

4. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Martin or Vincent?

5. CR750

CR750 Well-Known Member

All I can add was Danny winning the championship on that Buell was amazing. That bike tried to throw him off on every corner. Everyone said it was the bike then he came back the next year and won on a Suzuki. Sorry to hear he is in trouble, great rider and a blast to watch race. He and Herring had some epic battles, no quarter asked or given.

turbulence and Pixelator like this.
  6. G 97

G 97 Garth

Has to be Checker.

7. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

No comment:D

8. vfrket

vfrket Lost Member

Papa's right - Vincent.

9. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Danny is a good guy... He helped me at Barber during one of the Triple Crown Races there...hung in our pits for a good bit and talked me around a lap or 2... As others have mentioned Alcohol can be a factor and only he can manage and determine it... Dont judge him on hearsay... And never judge a book by a cover..

10. motoboy

motoboy Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure I own the term "Triple Crown" so you owe me €.003.

G 97 likes this.
  11. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

If by Vincent you mean Haskovic, he was the one that got hurt (paralyzed). Martin headed over to WSS after he left the M4 team and race a couple seasons but if I remember correctly last I heard he couldn't find a ride after 2016 and had to go back to blue collar work.

Sweatypants likes this.
  12. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

I’m pretty sure you don’t. Unless you got a Dickie Doo . :D

TLR67 and motoboy like this.
  13. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

The most difficult time I had while working for a well-known Asian electronics manufacturer was the night I refused alcohol when having dinner with the factory guys. They could not comprehend "alcoholic" or "sober" in the context I was using.

14. brex

brex Well-Known Member

You should have brought out the lube, it might have helped them understand.

pickled egg likes this.
  15. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

One word dude: Micheladas.

16. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

:crackup::crackup:
    yall just ain’t right in da head.

17. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I did one shot of whatever shit they were drinking (those micro shot glasses) to get it on my breathe and then when the larger glasses came out, a lot of distracting and tossing under the table, over my shoulder or switching water in for that insane juice.

When they were starting to get juiced up and getting all huggy, head off to the head for a piss or (even if you don't smoke) a butt.

18. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

A few years back, I had worked my way up into a nice little engineering gig within my company and was sent on my first real business trip. Got sent up to the company HQ near Detroit for a week for some R&D work with two coworkers from my facility. My company had a suite at Tiger stadium and one of our execs took my coworkers and I took a game one night while they were also hosting some potential buyers. I had a few drinks but was careful to moderate and not get silly on my first big trip. The sales girl who organized these events did not have such inhibitions. Fairly early into the evening, she walks over to me with a program and hands it to me then proceeds to start asking questions about who each of the players are and who she should watch, etc. As soon as I have my arms held out in front of me, holding the program, she quite intentionally props her tits up on one of my arms. Now this woman was a good 10-15 years my senior but quite obviously took care of herself and at a different stage in my life I would have been in lets go mode. But seeing as how I was already married, I had to find a way out. I told her I don't follow baseball much and don't know much about the Tigers but my buddy Patrick (one of the coworkers I was with) was a sports nut and I'd introduce them. Then walked her over to him and said I'm gonna step out to have a smoke.
    Patrick hollering at me as I walk away: "But you don't smoke!"
    Me: "I do now!"
    I'll never forget the look he gave me when I came back as he attempted to entertain a drunk as a skunk and ready to funk 40 something year old sales woman. He didn't let me live that down til the day I left that place.

YamahaRick likes this.
  19. t500racer

t500racer Never Fails To Fail

Wasn't it Chumbawumba?

(Not that I will admit listening to them, ever...)

britx303 likes this.
  20. They don’t and they view it as a sign of weakness.