1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So my wife has a stalker

Discussion in 'General' started by TEAMLIKETYSPLIT, Jan 12, 2012.

1. TEAMLIKETYSPLIT

TEAMLIKETYSPLIT In Limbo

She works for a pretty large credit union and is fairly high up the food chain there. This courier, for the past few months, has been just a happy go lucky friendly kind of guy with her. She is on the road four days a week and comes into the office on Friday's to do some paper pushing. This guy comes into her office for a few minutes and just has casual conversation for a while and it gradually builds up to him sitting there for up to an hour. It starts making her uncomfortable and she tells him that she has alot of work to get done to try and persuade him to leave. This is when she comes home and tells me what is going on about three weeks ago.

I tell her to report his ass and she say's that it will just be too much drama and she will just handle it herself. Well, last Friday the conversation gets to the subliminal "i would love to ______" She tells him "you are getting totally inappropriate and i need you to leave my office." So this dumbass goes and gets one of his coworker buddies and comes back to her office and plays some kind of peak-a-boo shit around her doorway. Long story short, she tells her boss, he reports this douche to H.R, and the guy gets fired. Well, he has been calling her work cell twice a day since his termination and she does not answer. We do run into this guy at walmart from time to time as he lives fairly close to us (not sure where). We are going to walmart tonight.

So the question i pose is this: If we run into this douche do i:
    a: not say anything and wait for him to initiate the conversation
    b: go right up to him and let him know that what he is doing is bad for his health
    c: not say a damn thing and knock his ass out on the tampon isle, stuff him in a buggie, and roll his ass out into oncoming traffic

2. brother_ed7

brother_ed7 brother_ed7

My current gf had a stalker for a while. The more attention of ANY kind you give them is food for them. Choice B and C feeds his 'stalkerness" and lets him know he is getting to you...which gives him want he wants. Also choice C can give him the ability to call the cops on YOU and that's not the inpowerment (sp) you want to give him.

3. Sideshow

Sideshow Free reach around expert.

I would want to do "c" , but a responsible person would do "a" lol.

4. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

I deal with this stuff pretty frequently. Do nothing, unless it escalates.

5. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Damn. Emotional argument: Knock his ass out.

Logical argument: Get a restraining order against him, and don't do anything that will send you to jail yourself.

Stalkers are unstable and unpredictable, you have no idea what this guy might be capable of. Legal action is the way to go first, if that doesn't work and he becomes more of a threat, well, do what you have to do. I'd get my wife a gun at the very least, maybe that's being paranoid, but you have no idea what's mentally wrong with this guy.

6. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

Chicken titans have stalkers? I though they just grew sympathy talons? :D

7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Hit him over the head with a sock full of nickels, roll him up in a carpet and throw him off a bridge.

8. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Let's face it. If you are hanging out at this forum there is a good chance that you are a type A personality and the first instinct is to kick some ass.

About 15 years ago my wife was sexually harrassed by her boss to the extreme. I didn't even know about it for the first 9 months or so. Then she finally broke down when he had gotten to the point where he told her to book one room for an out of town conference that he said she needed to attend with him. This was a large company. She finally went to HR and then the floodgates opened. Ends up he was doing this to a number of women there. They fired his ass very shortly thereafter (6 figure salary).

Have your wife ask some of the other women she works with if this guy is stalking them too. If so, go to the cops.

Of course I wanted to beat the F%^& out of her boss, but he was actually just a pathetic little douche.

9. TEAMLIKETYSPLIT

TEAMLIKETYSPLIT In Limbo

I try to be level headed. If this were 10 years ago, this thread would be titled "So i just got out of jail." I know better than to just k.o. the guy in walmart, BUT i also am prepared for that if the guy wants to be a dick. My wife is a pretty sharp chick and she is very nervous about what this guy may do.

10. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

Option AB - ignore him until he approaches. If he leaves you guys alone, leave him alone. If he turns to come up to your wife, intercept.

11. ACDNate

ACDNate Well-Known Member

Experienced this with my ex-wife. She attempted to dissuade the behavior on her own with no success. I told her time and time again to bring it up with her chain of command. She didn't want him to loose his job.

We ran into him at the mall. I didn't say anything at first at her request. Then we noticed he was lingering behind us for a half hour, more or less following us. I got in his grill in an aggressive manor, but didn't threaten violence or anything like that. The problem stopped immediately. Guess in his case it was fun until it got real with me in his face.

12. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

And have your wife change her work numbers (desk and cell). Given that HR is involved, this should not be an issue to do.

13. grantcarruthers

grantcarruthers Well-Known Member

This^^^^^^^^^

If the cops ask, you were here the whole time, I swear:beer:

14. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

If he's a currier (assuming third party company), call the company and ask that he not be used for that route any longer.

EDIT: Just read your entire post. Why don't YOU stalk him? Act ghey, you can pull it off! :D

15. TakeItApart

TakeItApart Oops!

If it were me I'd; wait for a confrontation and when SHE tells him to leave her alone, be there to reinforce her command. If he doesn't get it, at that point, tell him if he doesn't leave you will notify the authorities. I wouldn't get into a physical altercation or make threats of violence unless absolutely nessecary. Of course if it did become warranted, I'd enjoy the hell out of it!

16. gaitherb

gaitherb Well-Known Member

Agreed. Do nothing until the point your wife feels "threatened" by this guy. If it continues, then the next step should be seeking a protective order, which keeps him from making any contact with her, keeps him a certain distance away from her, and simply tells him that his advancements are unwanted and your wife feels threatened by him.

You can to go to your local courthouse and get one pretty easily; your wife swears in an affidavit that this guy has done the following acts and she feels threatened by him. They stay in place for 30 or so days and a hearing is held to determine if it should be continued.

17. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Option D: suppressed Ruger MKIII, subsonic rounds, and a crowd. Two quick pops behind the ear then walk away and disappear into the crowd. Nobody will ever know (except anyone on the beeb....)

18. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Or you could find out who he is, and if he has a significant other, let them know about it.

19. TEAMLIKETYSPLIT

TEAMLIKETYSPLIT In Limbo

Hmmmm. :D This creates an idea for another thread. WWCD? :D

20. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

sonofabish!