1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So I put an ad on Craig's List...

Discussion in 'General' started by Beer Slut, Aug 12, 2009.

1. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

ding, ding!

2. Yamaha Fan

Yamaha Fan Well-Known Member

I’ve Been through this a bout 6 or 7 times.. same scam, I had a KDX200 for sale, wanted $1700 for it, guy sent me a $3,800 check...

I ALWAYS get them to send the check, I have it sent to my work address so they don’t get my home address, at least can get them for the overnight $ fee...

On the KDX I received the check I E-mailed the guy and told him because it was a motor vehicle that was to be shipped I had to be certain the title was properly transferred prior to shipment, I told him a title transfer agent would be in touch with him to explain his options. I then created an official sounding E-mail address at G-mail.com

The contact at the title transfer company was Usuk Madik, He E-mailed the buyer a range of title transfer services from a 1 month service for $79.00 to an expedited same day service for $295.00. The buyer told him he wanted the expedited service and E-mailed me to pay for it out of the "extra shipping money" he sent...

I then E-mailed him I had to go out of town on an extended business trip and being a contentious seller I had the bike dropped off at a professional shipping a crating company, again I created E-mail addresses at G-mail.com for the shipping company. The contact at the shipping company, Ulick Madik (Usuk’s cousin) E-mailed the buyer that informing him of the $395.00 receiving fee, a $980.00 crating fee a loading fee of $580.00 etc etc. until there was $13.98 left to send to his shipping company.

I E-mailed the buyer told him that I had sent the $13.98 that remained from the extra Shipping $ through western union as he requested,,, he went BALISTIC…. It was hilarious…

He demanded that I send him all of his money or he was going to report me to the FBI……

I dragged it out for a week, had a riot doing it…

3. Dr. GoFast

Dr. GoFast Well-Known Member

^^ paste it up! :crackup:

4. chrison600

chrison600 Well-Known Member

These response tactics are hilarious!

5. forceten

forceten Well-Known Member

6. TheJames

TheJames Feelin lucky?

wait wait wait..... there's a way I can scam the scammers?

"
    Hello Seller,

I am Carpenter Smith. Is your item still available for sale because i am interested in it. I also want to know the details and the present condition, What has been done on the item..

Are you the original owner?Please get back to me with your last asking price so i canmake you an offer for it. I also need more details about theitem Hope to here from you soon.

Full Name...................???
    Address......................???
    Contact Number..............???
    Last Price Of The Item....................???

Regards
    Smith"

just got this???

7. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You really want to go there? It's a long ban for taking a thread into the realm of stupid...

9. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

What is PO?

I can think of Police Office/r and Pissed Off, neither of which have (directly) to do with the Dungeon or Stupid...

:confused:

10. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

Also a more relevant note, isn't sending a fake check via mail a federal felony? Am I naive in thinking you could track it back to the sender?

11. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

That's freaking beautiful. :D

12. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

Yamahafan... you must have an enlarged right brain, thats fucking hilarious!

13. Yamaha Fan

Yamaha Fan Well-Known Member

I have used this and several variants on at least 4 occasions, same names but if it is a piece of furniture I just use the shipping and crating company etc..

Once I tell them I have sent the $ and give them a fake Western Union MTCN tracking number they demand that I scan and send the Western Union reciept...

I print a VERY graphic picture as a PDF, file name of "receipt scan.pdf" The picture is properly annotated showing Usuk in the appropriate position and in action relative to a certain appendage... and E-mail it to him :crackup: :crackup:

14. Vitamin-E

Vitamin-E cornerin lo in the 3-1-fo

That is f'in HILARIOUS!! I love us Americans. Fuck w/ us long enough and the other party will get theirs. :D:beer::D:up::bow: